• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Callaway HX Hot ball.....these things rock!

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Found a couple of these a week or so ago, decided to try them out today. Now I am not going to sit here & tell you I could feel the difference with my driver, or how they felt like butter off the irons. What I will tell you is I was playing these as well as the D2 feels today. Every single time I had a damn nice drive it was with the HX's, they easily outdrove the D2. Now I don't get massive spin around the green...still working on that aspect of the game...but the HX's seemed to stick & hold better than the D2's did.

Now some may say it's a placebo effect of playing a supposedly better ball, but truth be told I didn't know until I checked a few minutes ago that the HX's are 3 piece balls & cost doyble what the Callaway Warbirds sell for. I am going to have to pick up a dozen for further evaluation, but right now I think the balls are pretty good. Heck of a lot better than the D2's that's for sure.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Good ball for me too. There are so many good golf ball models and so little time. I need to clone myself to try them all.:beach3: Scary thought.:biglol:

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I need to clone myself to try them all.:beach3: Scary thought.:biglol:

What's scary is that of all the people I know, you are probably the one who could actually pull that off.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I moved this in the Equipment forum, just to keep it altogether. :)

R35

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I really like the HX Hot Bites.

They are really soft covers, and don't really gash AS bad as some of the softer balls, but they aren't super tough.

However, they stick like glue to the greens, and I get really nice drives from them with a good bit o' roll.

As for the HX Hots.. there's a guy near me on craigslist with a garage full of them, brand new in the boxes with some other Callaway balls, selling for $15 a dozen. I'm tempted to get some.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I liked the HX Hot a lot, but didn't like the Hot Bite at all. Go figure...

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I prefer the HX Hot, the Bite wasn't bad but got chewed up way too easily.

Though I'm starting to stray away from low-spinning balls.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Isn't it great that there are numerous choices in balls and clubs. I loved the HX Red and still enjoy the HX Tour. Hate the HX Hot!! Just seemed for me, the thing was a restamped Top Rock Super Straight. Felt like a rock and could not get it to stay on our postage stamp greens. The ones I have found have been tossed into my 5-gallon bucket of garage sale balls.

We're a vain bunch with numerous opinions on cast vs. forged and Ping vs. TMAG and blonde vs. redhead and, it seems, even on specific brand/models of balls. Those opinions are what makes for an excellent discussion forum.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I hated so much the HX RED I haven't even thought of trying a Callaway ball again in my life... :deadhorse:

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I don't think they rock... I think they are a rock. Pretty much the longest and hardest ball I've ever hit. I didn't care for them at all off the wedges and putter.

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Walmart didn't have any of the HX Hots so I picked up some CXR Hot, felt pretty good but not as good as the HX Hot's.

Victory

Nov 18, 2007
they are LOOOONG!! not much help checkign up around the greens but the suckers fly----- never hit the D2 - so can not compare..

🔥 Latest posts

Members online