• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Callaway ION Glove

Jimc11

Jun 25, 2009
I was given one of these to try by the golf shop I frequent. I cant comment on the "ION" part of the glove because I didnt notice any difference...no as to the glove itself...I LOVED it..I have always used FJ gloves and liked them very much...the Cally glove seemed to fit my hand better..the back breathed great...I only used it one round so cant really comment on durabilty yet but it seems to hold up...all in all I will use it again...and I am not a Cally guy...I dislike them only slight less than Taylor Turds...

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
I sweat so much I'm hard on gloves.. so I just get the cheapest cabaret ones I can find ;)

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I sweat so much I'm hard on gloves.. so I just get the cheapest cabaret ones I can find ;)
That is why I wear wet weather FJs. While a bit expensive, they last about 10 times as long and do not have to swap them in the middle of the round.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
The last Cally glove i had literally tore on the second round i played....

Had a couple of others that i would wear through in a couple rounds. Finally spent the money on a FJ WeatherSof package and damn...great feel, and they last...i have played 7 rounds so far, and this thing looks almost brand new. Plus they are two packs...

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
.i have played 7 rounds so far, and this thing looks almost brand new. Plus they are two packs...
If I ever find anyone that is left handed, and wears the same size glove, they will be a lucky individual. :laugh:

OP
J

Jimc11

Jun 25, 2009
The thing I liked was the back of the glove also..it breathed great and my hand didnt get near as sweaty as usual. I havent used the FJ Weathersoft gloves...Ill have to give them a shot...gonna play the 2nd round with the Cally on Thur or Fri...should know how it will hold up...I think what did it for me in the end was the fit..I have odd shaped fingers...my fingers have been broken more times than I can count from playing baseball. The FJ DJ glove came closest to fitting before this one...my usualy middle and ring finger blister didnt pop up with this glove..

halifax_golfer

Jun 26, 2006
I wear the FJ Wet Weather gloves aswell, I really like the material they are made of, they just feel nice. I wish there were other What size do you take Jay?. Small or Med fits me fine. I've got an extra Small LH and an extra med LH if you wana trade.

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
Ethiopian Leather ! ??

HMMMM
Oxen?
Water Buffalo?
or just Ethiopian Funky skinny Cow.

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
I see the Tour Glove is made from

"Sensory Skin leather."

I know of one place, out of perhaps 2 places. That I have Sensory Skin.

A very troublesome description if you ask me. :)

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
The last Cally glove i had literally tore on the second round i played....

Had a couple of others that i would wear through in a couple rounds. Finally spent the money on a FJ WeatherSof package and damn...great feel, and they last...i have played 7 rounds so far, and this thing looks almost brand new. Plus they are two packs...

I've found them in 3 packs for like $23-$25 bucks at the PGA store. GREAT deal on those gloves.

I normally wear these, but I did pick up a TM Tour Targa, and I LOVE the way it fits, and the lower profile band around the wrist.

But for the money and comfort.. You can't beat the FJ WeatherSof.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
The FJ DJ glove came closest to fitting before this one...my usualy middle and ring finger blister didnt pop up with this glove..
You sure your not gripping the club to tightly or incorrectly? Some say you should have no calluses, like Harvey Pennick. Hogan indicates that for your glove hand for the middle and ring finger they may be apparent on the middle finger for the segment closest to the palm wear it touches the grip and the part above the palm closest to the finger, then in between the center segment of your ring finger closest the middle finger. On my glove hand, I only usually get them toward the top of the palm closest the fingers, and on the index finger where it meets the ring finger of my right hand (since converting to an overlap grip).

If you are getting blisters, you may want to make sure you are gripping correctly. Although the main reason for posting is the following, Johnson & Johnson 1/2" Waterproof tape works wonders to keep this from being an issue. Because I use cord grips, I tend to get calluses that become a little painful inside my right hand ring finger, and were that meet my left index. I tape those at the beginning of each round and have no problem, although they still callus. The J&J Waterproof is the only brand I have found that doesn't fall off or come undone during the round.

I wear the FJ Wet Weather gloves aswell, I really like the material they are made of, they just feel nice. I wish there were other What size do you take Jay?. Small or Med fits me fine. I've got an extra Small LH and an extra med LH if you wana trade.
I use Large.

OP
J

Jimc11

Jun 25, 2009
My grip is about the only good thing on my swing to be honest.. .I tend to get them at the joint of the ring and middle finger closest to the tip of the finger..right in that little crease where the last joint bends...every glove except this tends to bunch up on me at that spot...dont know why...wierd fingers??

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Makes me wonder.. I get some callused spots on my non gloved hand. Mostly on my middle finger. I use corded grips, and I'm wondering if I'm getting my hands disconnected sometimes...

Way off topic, but had me wondering.

Has anyone tried the more expensive gloves from FJ? The ones that are almost $20 a pop?

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
My grip is about the only good thing on my swing to be honest.. .I tend to get them at the joint of the ring and middle finger closest to the tip of the finger..right in that little crease where the last joint bends...every glove except this tends to bunch up on me at that spot...dont know why...wierd fingers??
Interesting, I probably don't have that issue as much because I use a midsized grip. I guess if it is on the joint, tape would likely do no good either.

Not sure if you have tried them, or if it could help for what you mention. I assume you may already know, but in case you don't, the cadet label on gloves are for people with smaller fingers, I would almost wonder if smaller fingers in the glove could provide a tighter fit or better stretch out that section so it would not bunch up. Then again, they could be too short.

As you mentioned, likely just from broken fingers. My right pinky is kinda bent up and can sometimes make my grip a little different. Was part of the reason I wanted to get away from an interlock grip. I thought it was screwing up my grip.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.