• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Callaway Optifit Drivers?

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I've changed my swing and I've gone from playing a striaght/fade ball flight to a nice draw. My irons are now like lazer guided missles but the new swing with driver likes to hook! I want a fade bias Callaway driver to help straighten the driver back up to a draw. I know the Optifit drivers are now legal for Tournament play but how well made are they? Is the connector as good/strong/long wearing as the new I-Mix design? There are some great prices on these on Ebay.... I can get a FT5 Tour head with a decent shaft for roughly £100. If I don't like the shaft it comes with I've seen a Hyper X with a Diamana whiteboard for £90 or best offer...the shaft is worth that alone! I could then resell the Hyper X with the spare shaft???

What do you guys rekon...go for the Optifit or keep a look out for a FT3 Tour Fade with a shaft I like??? Anybody got a FT3 Fade for sale???

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Ft3 tour nuff said

I've seen some 8.5 degree FT3 Tour's with ProLaunch Blue's on Callaway preowned but I don't think they take Paypal ! ! ! I'm really tempted in the FT5 Tour and getting the Hyper X to match it up with the WhiteBoard!

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
OK... I've got a choice of two deals lined up.

Deal a). Callaway FT3 Tour Fade Bias with X-Flex V2 for £99. I like the V2 but not tried it in X before, the FT3 head is a favorite of mine.... But if the shaft is too stiff then I'm back to square one as it wouldn't be worth the while swapping the shaft out.

Deal b). Callaway FT5 Tour Fade Bias for £125. This is from the OptiFit cart & comes with a stiff Speeder shaft. I like the FT5 Tour head nearly as much as the FT3's. It comes with a Speeder which is a decent enough shaft but if it needs changing the OptiFit shafts are going real cheap at the moment. I could always get that Hyper X Tour with the Diamana WhiteBoard and sell the Hyper X and Speeder to recover the money?

I think I'm leaning towards deal b). just because it's more flexable if it needs tinkering with.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.