• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Callaway Paradym driver

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Callaway had a demo day at our course (indoors) yesterday. Got to hit the new magic driver. Not impressed. My Rogue is just as good. Actually better because I've got a great shaft in it. Don't have to spend money on that this year. I could have kept my Epic last year as the Rogue was the same distance.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Yip, I'd like to try the Paradigm, but also seen some good things about the new Wilson driver, the carbon version. But I don't think there are any game changers this year. Just the marketing crap to tell you about the extra 30 yards you are guaranteed to get!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Yip, I'd like to try the Paradigm, but also seen some good things about the new Wilson driver, the carbon version. But I don't think there are any game changers this year. Just the marketing crap to tell you about the extra 30 yards you are guaranteed to get!
30 yards?? At this age, that might see me hit a 200 yard drive... with the wind... and hard fairways........ 🤣🤣

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Okay, so I bought a new Tour Edge E723 driver (no one here noticed) and after trying many shafts in it took a plunge and put an Oban Devotion in it. It is now equal distance to my Rogue but far more forgiving. The Oban shaft is buttery smooth.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Okay, so I bought a new Tour Edge E723 driver (no one here noticed) and after trying many shafts in it took a plunge and put an Oban Devotion in it. It is now equal distance to my Rogue but far more forgiving. The Oban shaft is buttery smooth.

I had the E722 for a short while. It was NOT forgiving for me. Had to hit it right on the screws. My Epic is significantly more forgiving... and longer.
Different strokes for different folks.......

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Yup, new driver, right on schedule.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I had the E722 for a short while. It was NOT forgiving for me. Had to hit it right on the screws. My Epic is significantly more forgiving... and longer.
Different strokes for different folks.......
I had the same issue until I put the Oban shaft in it. It's not the driver its the shaft.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I had the same issue until I put the Oban shaft in it. It's not the driver its the shaft.
Agree!! The Epic I'm hitting now came with the Mamiya Helium shaft. Was hitting it good. Golf buddy was having trouble with his Epic and the Project X Hzrdus Smoke. We switched shafts. His driving improved significantly with the Helium vs. Hzrdus. I was a little disappointed to begin with. Hzrdus was a totally different shaft to load/unload. Once I got used to it, hitting it great. Just need to stay smooth through the swing. Swing outta your shoes and you'll get a nasty duck hook. Swing through it and you get a baby draw that goes and goes and......

🔥 Latest posts