• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Callaway Super Soft Golf Ball Review

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I thought on the tee it had the potential energy to fall on the ground. not much.

where would its potential come from? potential has to be measured against a zero.

Does it have the potential for me to hit it into the sun?
Potential NRG doesn't enter into the kinetic NRG calculation. Yes, on the tee it has very little potential NRG.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
While it doesn't apply to me it was a pretty good review. A while back I tried a box of the W/S 50 and I didn't like it. It knuckle-balled for me. I tend to agree with AG in that green side spin plays a big part in choosing a golf ball. That said, I like the ProV1x or Maxfli U4x because it seems to go farther with less sidespin off the big stick.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
While it doesn't apply to me it was a pretty good review. A while back I tried a box of the W/S 50 and I didn't like it. It knuckle-balled for me. I tend to agree with AG in that green side spin plays a big part in choosing a golf ball. That said, I like the ProV1x or Maxfli U4x because it seems to go farther with less sidespin off the big stick.
^^^this

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I had the Wilson 50 knuckleball for me too. Don't know why. It was weird. I'm going to try a toprock ball this year.

ChrisLyons

Feb 5, 2013
Owingsville,Ky
Country
I had the Wilson 50 knuckleball for me too. Don't know why. It was weird. I'm going to try a toprock ball this year.
I thought you liked the Q-Stars? Unless you play the D2 feels or the gamers I don't think you'll be satisfied. Q-stars felt much nicer to me than the gamer v2. Never played the original. I tried the burner tour ldp last year and didn't care much for it. I guess I just like a softer cover.

hofiy

Aug 5, 2023
Country
Callaway Super Soft Golf Ball Review
By Stogiesnbogies

FYI: I am a senior player with an 85-90 Max swing speed; a 15-17 handicap who plays senior flex shafted clubs. I hit my average drives between 180-200 yards and max out under ideal conditions with a very rare 220 yard "bomb".
biggrin.png

Callaway has produced the lowest compression ball on the market here with a 38 rating. In contrast the Wilson Staff Duo, it's nearest competitor has a 43 compression; the Wilson Staff Fifty Elite at 50, while the Titleist DT So/Lo checks in at 72. (FYI: All slower swing players; perhaps the reason that the Pro V1X does nothing for you or me has something to do with its 102 compression rating!)

In addition to it's softest compression which enhances direction and distance (as well as feel off the club) Callaway has produced a soft, responsive cover. The soft core and soft cover combine with HEX aerodynamics to produce a golf ball that reduces spin and adds distance.

I absolutely love this ball as it combines the best aspects of both the Wilson Staff Duo and the Wilson Staff Fifty Elite without any of their liabilities. For example the Callaway Super Soft has great distance like the duo but much better feel off the putter.

I find the super soft to be straighter and consequently a tad longer than the Fifty Elite as well. It performs great around the greens with approach shots that sit and pitches and chips that run true. It feels and sounds great off of all club faces. It has proven to be quite durable as well as I played 2 full rounds with one ball and it still looks fine; no scuffs, scratches or cuts.

Callaway definitely has a winner here for a large piece of the golfing market- namely seniors, most women and others with slower swing speeds. It is available in white or yellow (I tested white) and is well priced at 18 -20 dollars per dozen much like its market competitors, the Wilson Staff Duo and Titleist DT So/Lo. All good balls but I'm bagging the Callaway Super Softs Now!!
Hello. I'm hoping someone can recommend a set of multiplying golf balls. Fakini doesn't seem to be available anymore so who makes a better or next best set?
Anyone have a Fakini set they would be willing to part with?

🔥 Latest posts