• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Callaway Switch

AMcNeel

Awesome
Feb 23, 2005
So i recently purchased an old ping si3 340 driver and doing so i realised i had a pretty bad slice.
So i was at work the other day fooling around with the new callaway 454 and i was hitting it much straighter. I am still boggled how this could happen, maybe i just like the feel of the club better and i can get it around smoother but i definitely am making a switch to callaway.

Here's my plan: (Next Paycheck)

1-Callaway 454 Driver
2-Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood
3-Callaway Big Bertha 5 Wood
4-Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood (hybrid)
5-Callaway Tour Blue Putter
6-Some form of Callaway Bag. . .
probably some shoes too but thats not callaway related
and a cleveland wedge
Yes all in one paycheck :p

For those of you who haven't tried the callaway tour blue putter you definitely should that putter is awesome. . .its 100% milled titanium and has two tungsten weights on the bottom that weigh more than the entire club. . .Very nice, the whole face is a sweet spot, but anyways R3d you were right about switching to callaway back in february im sorry i ever doubted you.

The master

Oct 24, 2004
Rockford you know double accounts aren't allowed. :p

Very nice, I suspect this will be one fat pay check.

D

Dashotosho

AM, I do have the 454, 3 & 5 woods, and tour blue putter. Every word you said about the putter I have to agree with, its the smoothest putter I've ever used. The 454 Driver is powerful as well, but its so huge, took me a while to tame that beast.

Hope you enjoy your Callaway sticks as much as I do.

Btw, I don't see a Callaway hat in your list? :)

OP
AMcNeel

AMcNeel

Awesome
Feb 23, 2005
whoops my bad "R35" yeah i have to change my signature. . . =)

and my paycheck is gonna be pretty phat, we get paid monthly, im not sure if i can wait that long though

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Phat, eh?

I'll have a Steelhead III 3 wood and 5 wood. Stiff flex shaft please. :)

R35

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
Try getting the shaft 1/2 inch short, it will give you more control and you won't loose any distance with a driver that size.

🔥 Latest posts