• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Callaway TH driver.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I was on the look out for a Fade bias Cally driver as my fairway finder in my new duel driver setup. R35 pointed me towards a FT5 TH Fade but I couldn't access that site to strike a deal. Today whilst 'working' I stumbled across a BB Diablo TH..Thugly looking thing but thought I'd hit a few balls with it on the range whilst burning a little time. Anyway it carried way over the 250 board and I was swinging quite easy as I didn't have a glove and it was a low (for me) tee. It's fitted with a Aldila Voodoo SVS6 shaft which felt really smooth....anybody know the profile of this shaft? Anyway I traded a Spare FTi LCG in and got it for a futher £135. It's 10.5 degree's so probably won't go as far as my other FTi LCG but it was arrow straight at the range. Off for 9 holes with it this evening if the weather brightens up a little...Will let you know what I think later... Diablo ~ Voodoo combo who thinks up these names?

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
No but I got a free Diablo Towel!!! Played 9 with it ealier and hit 6 out of 7 fairways. It was windy and cold so I'm not 100% sure how the distance stacks up against the FTi LCG.

Geeze, 6 out of 7 fairways with a towel is pretty decent. :ugly25:

R35

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Geeze, 6 out of 7 fairways with a towel is pretty decent. :ugly25:

R35

No $hit, I may have to try that, that must be some thick cotton that towel is made of. Were you swinging it, or popping the ball with it?

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
It's on Ebay!!! I picked it up half thinking of selling it on...10.5 is too much loft, great down wind but crap into the wind or cross wind which is a shame because I play at a windy course. It's a great looking stick though, I think Cally should drop the S2H2 hosel's and put a real hosel on all there new drivers. I would love to try this in a 8.5 or 9.5 degree head.... But I have picked up a FT5 Tour TH 9.5 with Fubuki 73s instead which will be here in the morning... The joy of being single, I can blow my money on what ever the fcuk I want! Which in the main is on My Boy and golf clubs for me :)

xman1112

May 8, 2009
It is 'different' looking to say the least, but if it gives you the results you're looking for, i wouldn't care if it looked like Donald Trump. You only have to look at it a handful of times on the course anyways.

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
It is 'different' looking to say the least, but if it gives you the results you're looking for, i wouldn't care if it looked like Donald Trump. You only have to look at it a handful of times on the course anyways.

I like the looks of the TH version, It actually sits open behind the ball and the shape is alot more 'normal' looking then alot of modern drivers.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.