• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Callaway Tour Van visit.

jchase

Sep 23, 2008
Well went and got "fitted" today. Was kinda pissed the guy just threw me a wedge and said here hit this tell me how it feels and then disappeared forever.

WEDGE'S - X forged felt great good distances on it was hitting about 120 with the 56* with the mack daddy grooves and stopping range balls dead! What a great feeling!!! Then to the chipping area. Took the 60* MD C-grind and loved it around the green. Was spinning the ball something crazy! Sank 4 chips from 30 to 40 ft away. These were great!

HYBRID'S - hit both the diablo and ft hybrid both with stock stiff shafts i believe - like the ft off the deck a little better but loved the diablo off the tee was putting the 2i out there around 220 and with a little 5 yd cut! Think i am going to find a deal on one of these!

IRON'S - was hitting the x-22 tour 6 iron with rifle 5.5 shafts. Was hitting these pretty good also consistent as far as ball flight and distance right around 190 which is good!

Overall happy with the experience wish i would have had a little better customer service! Cleveland van is in 2 weeks going to check that out before i make any decisions! going to hit all the callaway offerings and see which way to go!

Thoughts on Callaway wedge's hybrid's or other choices i could look at?

Joe

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Well went and got "fitted" today. Was kinda pissed the guy just threw me a wedge and said here hit this tell me how it feels and then disappeared forever.

WEDGE'S - X forged felt great good distances on it was hitting about 120 with the 56* with the mack daddy grooves and stopping range balls dead! What a great feeling!!! Then to the chipping area. Took the 60* MD C-grind and loved it around the green. Was spinning the ball something crazy! Sank 4 chips from 30 to 40 ft away. These were great!

HYBRID'S - hit both the diablo and ft hybrid both with stock stiff shafts i believe - like the ft off the deck a little better but loved the diablo off the tee was putting the 2i out there around 220 and with a little 5 yd cut! Think i am going to find a deal on one of these!

IRON'S - was hitting the x-22 tour 6 iron with rifle 5.5 shafts. Was hitting these pretty good also consistent as far as ball flight and distance right around 190 which is good!

Overall happy with the experience wish i would have had a little better customer service! Cleveland van is in 2 weeks going to check that out before i make any decisions! going to hit all the callaway offerings and see which way to go!

Thoughts on Callaway wedge's hybrid's or other choices i could look at?

Joe

Cally wedges are basically Cleveland 588s. They are great, I used to bag them (not macdaddys) b4 switching to Vokeys

🔥 Latest posts