• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Callaway X Forged w/Project X Flighted 6.0...

rayfaylor007

May 17, 2009
Just bought a set of Cally X Forged and am a little nervous about them. I was seeking the differences between Mizzy MP57 and Cally X Forged and was leaning toward the MP57 until I found a set of last years X Forged with Project X Flighted 6.0 for 699 less 33 percent. I picked them up with new grips for under 500. I have yet to play with them, but did hit them indoors. I want opinions...if I am a 10-11 handicap, are these clubs too much for me? I am going to play with them this weekend, but wanted opinions. I hit the pitching wedge and noticed that the flighted shafts actually hit the ball pretty high, when they are supposed to hit lower? Is that to be expected? I thought it was the other way around.

Anyway, please comment if you can. I look forward to the response. I will also report what I found once I play a round. I have Titleist 962 with 6.0 rifles (non-flighted) now, and love them. These Callys' looked and felt very similar on a side by side comparison and the pro assured me that they would be more forgiving.

Thanks.

Ray

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Great clubs. The 57s would have been more forgiving, but you'll enjoy those xforged for sure. I considered them.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Flighted generally hits higher. But in either case, controlling the loft of the club with forearm rotation and ball position will trump any sort of shaft change.

If you're a legit 10-11 cap, these clubs are not "too much" for you unless you're not a decent ball-striker. I think the PX in Cally's are soft-stepped, which means these will play like 5.7 and be a little more flexible in the tip.

Don't psyche yourself out so much. Go out and make good swings. A good swing put on any club produces a pretty solid shot. If you have a consistent miss, start to worry. But don't start worrying until you have a reason to.

That said, I would've taken the 57's. :)

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I'm a 16 cap, and I play Taylor Made RAC Mb's with Rifle 6.0's, so no, the X Forged are not to much club for you.

If anything, they will probably help you, because a miss-hit won't travel as far, therefore it won't go out of bounds, or if it does, not as far.

Relax, put a smooth swing on them, and enjoy that forged feel.

buykrux

May 15, 2009
you made a good choice
for me the 57s were 2 clubs shorter than my ta2s with the SAME shafts and lie angles
the xforged are nice irons, id like to get the protos :D

🔥 Latest posts