• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Callaway X Tour 3-wood

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
How nice is this wee thing ?!??

Gonna order one asap. as don't currently have a 3-wood. Going to go for Speeder 757 in it; the same as my driver. Callaway have loads upon loads of shaft options. The head on this thing is just beautiful !! Think I will go for the GP cord that they use on their wedges, too. Niiiiiice...:)

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Yep,awesome club,a pro I know has one and it flies.I've hit it and liked it,although you would need a heard of wilder beast and maybe even several lethal deseases for me to give up the Sonartecs

OP
Andy_79

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
It is the spit of a Steelhead Plus head, except smaller and tidier. Really nice. Can't wait to get it in the bag....:)

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Quite low flying the one I hit,great for Scottish sea breezes

Glenn70

Aug 15, 2005
I have the Callaway X ( non Tour ) 3 Wood....and I love it. From the tee or off the fairway, its a great club.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Buy it. I've hit my Dad's (stock stiff shaft), and it is a fine 3-wood. Agreed about the low trajectory. Not too low. Just low.

I'm seriously considering buying one of the 4-woods myself, since I don't carry a 3 or a 5.

OP
Andy_79

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
They only do the 4-wood in the non-Tour model, Eracer mate.

They do a wide range of custom shafts, but I am thinking either Graph. Prolite as I had it on my Steelhead Plus 3-wood and it was top notch. It also will help with the low, piercing ball-flight as it has a high kick. On the other hand, buying the exact same shaft as I have in my driver makes sense, too. The mid-high kick might be a tad more beneficial in hitting softer landing shots from off our hard pan lies...

🔥 Latest posts