• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Calling all avid Gun owners if there are any

Status
Not open for further replies.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
The laws make it difficult to get a gun for law abiding citizens. The criminals skip the process and get them by other illegal means.

Guns are inanimate objects. They are tools. If someone can take someone else's life without guilt they can use guns, bows and arrows, knives or anything else they can find.

You don't go after the tools to fix the problem, you have to change the people. People have kids and don't want them and ignore them. They don't teach them right from wrong or give them any religion. These kids are hateful and screwed up. That's the problem to fix and resolve murders, rapes and robbery.

There was a time when there were no guns and criminals still took lives and that will never change.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Is home invasion burglary by a different name ??

In it's worst possible form, home invasion involves burglary, torture, rape, and murder.

I have insurance to cover burglary, but no insurance other than Smith & Wesson, Colt, Browning, Glock, Ruger, etc. will protect you from the others.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Is home invasion burglary by a different name ??

I live in a very nice part of town that is known for having virtually no violent crime. We might have one murder every five years or so. Personal assaults and rapes are extraordinarily rare also. If I wake up in the morning and find that we left a door unlocked, I usually don't fret about it.

Having said all that - about 20 years ago some of our best friends here were at home one evening. In the door came three men with black ski masks and guns. They tied them up and told them they would kill them if they moved.

Then they proceeded to remove all of the jewelry, silver and fine art in the home. They put it in pillowcases taken from the bedrooms and left.

That's what we mean by a home invasion and it can end in death too.

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
Honest citizens need a gun in their home to protect themselves and their families from home invasion.

I don't see what's so difficult to comprehend about that.

I'm honest and I don't. "Reasonable force" I believe is the term used in court when people are defending their actions following attacking an intruder, how can shooting them fall into this category?

I'm tiring of this now, can't we just all agree that I'm right and leave it at that? ;)

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
When shooting them is the only way to keep someone from raping your 12 year old daughter, your wife, and probably yourself, and then killing the lot of you just for fun, then I say blow their ****ing heads right off, preferably just as soon as they come in the door. :D

C'mon, didn't you ever see A Clockwork Orange? Shitheads like that need killing.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
When shooting them is the only way to keep someone from raping your 12 year old daughter, your wife, and probably yourself, and then killing the lot of you just for fun, then I say blow their ****ing heads right off, preferably just as soon as they come in the door. :D

C'mon, didn't you ever see A Clockwork Orange? Shitheads like that need killing.

Wow...what a movie...I swear I would get so worked up watching that group of thugs raping and plundering...I wanted to punch the screen...

And then Stanley Kubrick does a positively brilliant job of taking the character and subjecting him to so much abuse that by the end of the film, you feel genuine pity for him.

Such a brilliant film with a brilliant name...a masterpiece.

I can watch it only so often though. Sometimes I want to vomit...

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Guys.

I am going to close this thread. It has caused a lot of hard feelings on both sides of the subject.

People certainly have strong feelings about this issue which can be controversial. I have some too which I have expressed here.

Our friendships here are too strong to be torn apart by this...it's damn close to religion and politics so I am going to close it.

If Sling wants to reopen, he will do so and of course I will respect that. Frankly I'd like to see it deleted in the spirit of friendship but in the meantime I am locking it.

Feel free to PM me if you are upset.

Your friend

B

Status
Not open for further replies.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.