• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Calloway X-Tours

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
So I tryed the X-tours on the weekend, despite my girlsfreind protests that they were far far to ugly to be any good. I also hit teh CG1's as they are my current fav, along with the new mizuno's, and i tried the RAC TP's.

The x-tours were un-remarkable. Not terrible not great, reminded me of my ta5's in terms of feel and shot shape etc. Which isnt a bad thing you just expect more out of a "players" club.

The CG1's great as alwasy, nice high draw, perfect feel.

The TP's stole the show, if they were 1499.99 i would have thought seriously about getting some. I think ill save 500. bucks and get the mizunos or a cleveland offering when its tiem to replace my ta5's.

mediaguru

Feb 13, 2005
I have two friends with the racs and the like them. I just did an article for another web site (not mine) on the MacGregor M675's. They are pretty sweet. I'd demo those if you can. But the best to me are Hogans. Try them all before you buy anything.

OP
MAHALLEDAY

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
I have hit the MAc's they are very nice. I havent hit hogans in a while. At any rate I wont be buying anythign for a few years. stupid school.

OP
MAHALLEDAY

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
Lotion does wonders rock.

Yeah in a way i guess i am "teaseing" but its nice to have an idea of whats out there.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
doing this always leads to buying more clubs, i would know, thats why i've taken myself off of several golf merchandise mailing lists, b/c i'm going to commit to the clubs i have, its too hard to play solid while you are always trying to get used to new clubs

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
mediaguru said:
I have two friends with the racs and the like them. I just did an article for another web site (not mine) on the MacGregor M675's. They are pretty sweet. I'd demo those if you can. But the best to me are Hogans. Try them all before you buy anything.

Hey Rosmo

Where's that article? I tried the M675s and I think they are about the nicest iron I have seen / hit in a long time.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online