• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cally BB Diablo

bryguy

Reaction score
Well, what the driver is to Ezra(just pickin on ya man), 3 wood is to me. That is till yesterday. I detemrined if I had to go all over the Raleigh Durham area and hit 100 different 3 woods I was going ot find one I could hit. First stop is Golfsmith. I go in the store and head over to the club section with the intent of trying the new Adams speedline 3 wood/hybrid. No dice, as all they have is regular flex. Look at the Titty 909F2's, just do not fit my eye. Look at everything they have, nothing in the new department that I like for the price they have. Work my way back tot he used area, and am looking through some of the things they have. Nothing to much till I notice a couple of the 15* Diablos in nuetral. Look em over, looks ok to me at address, feels ok, everything looks good to me. Check the price on the first 2, around $150 or so, and they look kinda crappy. Check the last one in the rack, has a stiff shaft, head looks like it has been hit maybe 10 or 15 times tops. Check the price, $110. Well ok, this will work. Go over and get one of the sales dudes to tape her up. Hit it on the range a few times, feels great. SOLD!!!! Check out, and head to the truck in a torential downpour. Get to the house, storms all afternoon and till about midnight. Get up early today, head to the range before our tee time and hit a bucket of balls. First thing out it the Diablo. First swing of the day, and the ball takes off and gets a very good height, carries about 220 or so, rolls out about 240 or so. Proceed to hit em high, low, draw, cuts, you name it. Very happy camper. Play our round, use it a lot during our round, so far, so good. Honeymoon has just started, lets see how she does after the 'new' has worn off.

I too just bought a new R9 TP 3-wood. My burner was acting up and I just couldn't hit it. Used it ONCE last time I played, and instead choked down on my driver or stepped on my hybrid to make up for the lack of 3-wood usage.

Hopefully I have the same honey-moon, as I'm playing for some $$ in the morning. In the simulator, I hit the Titty, the Cobra and the Taylormade. I like the R9 and had a closed mine, and the fact that I could rail on it, and get a draw that went around 215-220, which was good for me. Then noticed it was set to open face, and the weights moved around.. I liked it!!

Good deal on the diablo though.. tempted to pick my dad up one of those 3-woods.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520