• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cally Hybrids FT vs. X

OP
Coach

Coach

Krusher
Jul 19, 2006
um, well, i had the tms before, then i got the ft for free with the driver in a promotion that cally had this summer. The tms, if your not swinging them well, WILL hook. but that being said, they are soo much easier to hit. im not sure how much longer the 5i will be in the bag. The tms have steel shafts in them. This results in a more iron like feel, and less distance, so they work better as iron replacements. My two fw wood replacements, the 14 and 17, have graphite in them. This results in a little bit less accuracy, but more distance. What is your swing like, natural ball flight, cap? im about a 1 or 2 ( they havent been updated in the north since about october).

I am 6.7 index, not updated in the north either --Westchester county, NY. 5* today--brrrrr.
I am looking just to upgrade my TM Rescue #3. My swing tends to put a slight draw on the ball, when swinging well. A miss for me is a more pronounced fade- slight loss of distance, but not really a slice. Hooking is rarely an issue. I will be looking for graphite for distance, with accuracy (forgiveness) as a secondary priority. I want to take advantage of the new technology regarding the evolution of hybrids the last 3 years or so. My irons are the Mizzy mx-23, 4-PW + SW, which are a mid size head. I utilize a TM V-Steel 3wd with stock stiff shaft. So a mid size or OS on the hybrid will most likely be satisfying. But again, I am going to swing many but not all of them. I am trying to cull down through research perhaps a half dozen or so to keep from info overload - you know what I mean? I can step on my TM rescue right now and get it to 210-215 carry, but can comfortably carry it 200-205 with a regular swing. Thoughts?

🔥 Latest posts