• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cally shaft question...

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I'm a cally pre-owned fan myself. I'd normally agree that the condition of the gear is often better than what they say it is. However, the FTiq I play now was listed in average condition and I scored it for $59.00 thinking that it would be a nice head......wrong, first time cally ever let me down, two sky marks on the crown and a few scratches to go along with those. The head still plays great, but she's ugly...looks like she's been in a few bar fights and lost. Anyway, why not try an FT-9/iq, at a minimum they sound better than the FT-5/i....less thunky if ya know what I mean. And I'll have to agree, with the FT series my confidence runs wild....never afraid to pull the ugly girl out take her to the dance...she's a fairway finding machine for sure.

I may go for the Ft 9/iq, I just don't want to spend a whole lot of $$, and since I can get the Ft-i for a song I figured it would be worth a shot. Found one on ebay, Imix head with Fubuki 60g shaft for $115 shipped. I'm fighting myself not to pull the trigger right now!

1967GTA

I Love Cindy Mancini
Dec 23, 2009
I may go for the Ft 9/iq, I just don't want to spend a whole lot of $$, and since I can get the Ft-i for a song I figured it would be worth a shot. Found one on ebay, Imix head with Fubuki 60g shaft for $115 shipped. I'm fighting myself not to pull the trigger right now!

DO IT! DO IT!!! You wont be sorry

EddieC

Feb 1, 2006

Never tried the Fubuki, but 115.00 seems like a good deal if you like the shaft. The heads these days are almost throw-aways. Shafts are where to spend your money.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
The 60g Fubuki is garbage. It's not the real deal. I've skip over it. I got one in an FT-9 Imix, and I hated it.

Put it in my fathers FT-5 Tour head, and he likes it better than his V2.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
The 60g Fubuki is garbage. It's not the real deal. I've skip over it. I got one in an FT-9 Imix, and I hated it.

Put it in my fathers FT-5 Tour head, and he likes it better than his V2.

That's kinda what I was wondering. From what I can tell there are 2 types of Fubuki's. There is the Fubuki 60 which seems to be stock in Callaway clubs, and there is the Fubuki Tour which has the x5ct on the shaft just like Diamana's do. Since I have no experience with either shaft I am a bit leary and would lean towards the Tour version. Frankly, i just don't know which shaft to go for, the Fubuki Tour or the Matrix.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I'd go with the Fubuki.. It's a really really smooth shaft.

But then again, I love my HD6.. I get a lower ball flight with the HD6..

If it's the X-Con, it's a higher launch shaft.. I'd stick with the Fubuki.

Oh, and did you get that driver with the Black Diamana in it? I wanna know what it is, I'm interested in it.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I'd go with the Fubuki.. It's a really really smooth shaft.

But then again, I love my HD6.. I get a lower ball flight with the HD6..

If it's the X-Con, it's a higher launch shaft.. I'd stick with the Fubuki.

Oh, and did you get that driver with the Black Diamana in it? I wanna know what it is, I'm interested in it.

It's supposed to arrive today! I have been anxiously awaiting its arrival. I gotta say, UPS from Cali to Vermont is SLOW! It shipped on monday and took until today to get here. Actually I don't know if it's here or not, Im at work and they are delivering to my home. USPS would have had it here Thursday or Friday at the latest. I'll post tonight when I get home and open it up. So far all I am sure of is that it's a Diamana X5ct, that's all that was listed on ebay, so we shall see.

Have you tried the 60g Fubuki? I like the look of the Imix head with the white and the white shaft...

🔥 Latest posts