• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cally X tours or X-14 Pro series?

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I'm changing back to Callaway irons. I have 2 deals lined up on ebay, which do you think I should go for?

Deal A). Callaway X-14 Pro Series for £240. This is quite expensive for irons of this age but this set has been fitted with Project X rifles in 5.0 flex. Apparently the X14 Pro's are one of Callaways best ever set of irons. (according to a few listings on ebay)

Deal B). Callaway X tours for £220. These irons I think are a bargain there 12 months old in excellent condition and are fitted with R300's.

I'm changing as I wanted reg/firm flex shafts rather than stiff as I have a long term wrist problem which is preventing me getting the best out of my irons. I looked into reshafting the 690's but it would be better cost wise to just change sets.

Pro's and con's;-

X tours - Pro's - A real steel for the money, Forged for better feel, will hold there value. Con's - Wanted something with Rifles.

X14's - Pro's - Fitted with £150+ worth of shafts, Look awesome. Con's - May struggle to get money back if I don't get on with them, not forged.

What do you guys think? Anybody used the X14 pro's? I had a set of X tours which I liked but sold for the £££'s

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
X20 pro series.

They have an actual hosel, no bore thru, zero offset and look OUTSTANDING.

Best Callaway iron to date, bar none.

R35
X20PS.jpg

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
X20 pro series.

They have an actual hosel, no bore thru, zero offset and look OUTSTANDING.

Best Callaway iron to date, bar none.

R35

But there £600+ and not out till january. Are the X20 Tours forged?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Not a problem just intreasted as I've not seen them in any mags or in any shops over here yet.

MG.

From the reviews I've read, these rival the current X-Tours in feel and looks.

Plus with the non bore thru, you can use traditional shaft pulls, ect without all the hassle.

Bonus.

R35

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Out of my price range at the mo. I've saved big bucks in my Paypal account but most of that's for my FT-i. For all my other hoing's I'm going to take a leaf out of Ez's book and go for things 12+ months old and at a decent price.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
In that case, go with the 14's. They're sweet.

I played X16 PS for a year, they were nice. Not as shovelly as alot of the Cally line. If I would have thrown some Rifles in them, I'd still be playing them...

R35

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
In that case, go with the 14's. They're sweet.

I played X16 PS for a year, they were nice. Not as shovelly as alot of the Cally line. If I would have thrown some Rifles in them, I'd still be playing them...

R35

Got both. Hopefully the X14's will be my gamers and I can sell the X tours for a little profit. But if not then I could always have the shafts swapped over (maybe) and sell the x14's with the r300's in. My FT-i fund is looking depleteted now!!!

Here's the X14 ps' http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....loc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Yep, the 14's are simple and quaint. I like them alot.

I'm actually trying to track down a set for my dad, (non PS) if I can find a cheapo set (he plays like 3 times a year....what a dork!).

R35

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
My FT-i fund is looking depleteted now!!!

ManchesterGolfer

No problem!! You've got until March/April time frame to build it back up again to the $500 it will cost you for the FT-i!!! :D

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
No problem!! You've got until March/April time frame to build it back up again to the $500 it will cost you for the FT-i!!! :D

lol WBL, I'm sure it will be built back up and depleted again a good few times before March.

🔥 Latest posts