• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Can I have your attention please...

bogeymaker

Jun 22, 2005
will the real hack in here, PLEASE stand up? I absolutely 100%, totally SUCK at this game right now. Keep in mind, I havent played in about 5 years, but i stink up the place something terrible.

Played 9 again today and I couldnt do anything right. I was topping it, hitting a LOT of worm burners, thinking too much instead of just swinging and basically just all around sucking. I shot a whopping 55 in 9 holes on what is supposed to be an easy course. I swear, I dont know if I will EVER get back to where i was!

I think Im gonna go to the driving range tomorrow and just beat balls...maybe beat about 10 buckets. Beat em till Im blue in the face and dead tired and falling over with weakness. I need major practice. LOL.

yeah, Im a REAL hack. Im a HACK's hack. :rolleyes:

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Get a lesson.

That's all it takes.

No need to beat up innocent golf balls. :)

I came to terms with my hacker status and just enjoyed the game. I had enough good/great shots to keep my coming back. The lessons, hopefully, make those shots the rule rather than the exception. :)

OP
B

bogeymaker

Jun 22, 2005
Yeah, Im thinking of getting a lesson or 12. I want to be able to go out and just spank the ball and make shots. I can feel my swing, and it aint right. Something is amiss. Maybe its the extra 25 pounds I have put on in 5 years or so...who knows? I DO know that my swing speed isnt what it used to be. Im big, bulky and strong, but my swing speed is slow. I hope these new stiff shafts i am getting in my new Adams IDEA clubs will help me a bit.

We'll see. Im definitely getting a few lessons though!

OP
B

bogeymaker

Jun 22, 2005
hmmm...maybe my speed is in the range for the stiff shafts then. I feel like Im not swinging it as fast as I have. Anyway, I was fitted with the clubs and they did the swing analysis on the computer and it recommended stiff shafts. So maybe my swing isnt THAT slow?

Mister Bater

Jan 13, 2005
bogeymaker said:
my swing speed is slow. I hope these new stiff shafts i am getting in my new Adams IDEA clubs will help me a bit.

oh dear. don't do it! follow the wise words of Mr Crowe.

High swing speed - stiff shaft.
Low swing speed - regular. and consider graphite.

Mister Bater

Jan 13, 2005
Apologies, BM...posted before I read your reply about getting fitted.

Hope the new shafts work!

OP
B

bogeymaker

Jun 22, 2005
now Im kinda worried about these clubs...maybe im just confused. :)

OP
B

bogeymaker

Jun 22, 2005
Mister Bater said:
Hope the new shafts work!

Well, I gotta HIT the damned ball better before any new clubs or shafts work ...LOL. Actually, Im sure that the new clubs will make a difference a little, but Im not expecting miracles. I think the clubs will give me more confidence than I have right now, though. Im swinging a hodge podge of clubs right now. Most of them are blades and have a sweet spot about the size of a grain of sand. Im not doing very well with these clubs and really am just out there trying to get my grip and swing back.

Im gonna take some advice and maybe take a lesson or two as well. I seriously want to get better at this game so I can enjoy it a little more.

Bama Duffer

Mar 14, 2005
Bogey--When they did a swing analysis did they mention your swing speed to you? I thought that was one of the tidbits of info they passed along.

And I hope Sling is right about lessons. I'm taking my first with a local pro tomorrow and hopefully he'll make a couple of helpful recommendations.

OP
B

bogeymaker

Jun 22, 2005
They did mention my swing speed and it was low 90's to mid 90's, which I think is low for me. I think with the 6 iron I was swinging high 80's, But, Im not a technical expert on Golf and I really may be wrong about all of this. The computer said I was hitting the 6 iron about 170 yards, but isnt that a little short? I dont know, that was 3 days ago and i think I have alzhiemers kicking in, so I could be wrong.

Bama Duffer

Mar 14, 2005
170 with a 6 iron sounds about right to me. I'd take either a 5 or 6 from that distance, depending on circumstances.

Don't know much about shafts myself, but maybe by knowing your swing speed some of the experts on here can advise you better. But in the end, I agree with MB--trust someone who's seen your swing over what you see on the Internet.

Bama Duffer

Mar 14, 2005
Whoa.

I just realized I went over 100 posts somehow and didn't notice. I'm now a senior member.

When do I get my plaque?

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Everyone who becomes a Senior Member receives one (1) bona fide Shot Talk thong.

What color would you like??

🔥 Latest posts