• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Can You believe this Guy????

3Bogey

Jan 20, 2006
I just got done watching the Big Break and Gary has to be the biggest, cockiest, cry baby I have ever seen in golf. I'm almost in disbelief that such cockiness could exist in a human being. I mean the guy gets his ass kicked buy a better human being, maybe not a better golfer, and it makes me realize how humbling this sport can be. But this guy despite his many years in golf doesn't get it. Good for you Gary! All I can say is I'm glad you don't belong to my country club!! Way to go Mark!!

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
That was quite amusing. I thought Gary rather sucked in the last BB and still did here. What's up with that extreme hold-off swing? All I know is I'd love to meet up with him at my home course if he thinks he's scratch. I'll take my 9 strokes and his ATM card.
icon10.gif
He was a jackass, hitting the sand behind the other guy while he's trying to hit.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Was the new episode on tonight? Damn... i guess thats what happens when you skip school and stay out at the course until 7 then go to the gym till 830...

Haha, id rather have sat on the couch and watched some BBVI (it is 6 right?).

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006
I watched that show tonight and I thought the same thing. I don’t know why that guy thinks he is so good his swing looks like crap and he is about two years away from wearing depends. I would love to be in the position Mark was in, it would feel so good to beat that douche bag. That Mark guy is kind of a joke he duffs a lot of balls I can't see him being a scratch golfer.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
I watched that show tonight and I thought the same thing. I don’t know why that guy thinks he is so good his swing looks like crap and he is about two years away from wearing depends. I would love to be in the position Mark was in, it would feel so good to beat that douche bag. That Mark guy is kind of a joke he duffs a lot of balls I can't see him being a scratch golfer.

Mark did play quite well in BBI, but I think he's lazed away from the game a bit i guess. Still an interesting/joking player to watch.

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
Yeah... Gary was a total jerk. He's a legend in his own mind... and now he's looking for work. Cindy was classy, but she really never had a chance. She's got game, but she just can't hit it far enough to ever make it past all the contests. And being teamed up with Gary was the biggest nail in her coffin.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Gary has to be the biggest douchebag in the history of the BB.

That abbreviated swing is rediculous. He simply stabs at the ball with every shot.
I will put my 4 hdcp up against him, straight up, my money, and would wax him 3 ways to Sunday.

jho786

Aug 9, 2006
HAHAHA the driving range that I go to is the one where Gary is the head teaching pro (Hyatt Hills, Clark NJ) and yes he is a very cocky person, and hates to lose. I remember in the BB 6 when he lost his match play and was cursing up and down the fairway and he had a very poor attitude to the match and the results. I was never impressed with his teaching (he teaches a lot of people that just plain suck and not even Hank Haney or Butch Harmon could help them) when I listened in and after that I just lost all respect for him as a golfer. I missed last nite episode but it replays again at 8 on Wednesday so Ill tune in to that. I cant wait till the next time I go to practice and see him there and just laugh inside.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Gary is supposed to be a PGA teaching pro? With that goofy swing he has (especially his chipping and sand shots) I wouldn't take a lesson from him if he was the last teacher on the planet. Man, he sucks. I'm sure I could smoke him on the course. No problem. Mark is a rotten golfer too but seems like a heck of a nice guy. :laugh:

jho786

Aug 9, 2006
Haha yes he is a teaching pro and when Ive been there only horrible golfers with bad swings just like him are taking lessons. Ive seen more and more people switch from him to another pro who is fantastic and teaches the game the way it should be.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
HAHAHA the driving range that I go to is the one where Gary is the head teaching pro (Hyatt Hills, Clark NJ) and yes he is a very cocky person, and hates to lose. I remember in the BB 6 when he lost his match play and was cursing up and down the fairway and he had a very poor attitude to the match and the results. I was never impressed with his teaching (he teaches a lot of people that just plain suck and not even Hank Haney or Butch Harmon could help them) when I listened in and after that I just lost all respect for him as a golfer. I missed last nite episode but it replays again at 8 on Wednesday so Ill tune in to that. I cant wait till the next time I go to practice and see him there and just laugh inside.
As mentioned in the other thread, to me it'll be worth the 1 1/2 drive and price of a lesson to have a little fun.

I think I'll have a few beers, show up and tell him "My swing is just not "Stabby" and "Abbreviated" enough, it is just limiting my potential of being the best golfer in the world, or at least the best teaching at a Nine hole course. I would also like to take a playing lesson on the course, since it is only a Nine hole course we should be able to get the whole nine in. During that time I would concentrate on match play tactics. Like hitting sand with my wedge during my opponents swing, while I have already sealed my coffin in hopes of distracting my inferior opponent into being as bad as I am. Or when he tells me "Good Luck" prior to my shot, the best way to try and degrade him to my level short of calling him a "&$%^sucker" for being so lucky and beating my @$$. In full light of the fact that when I reach his age I will hopefully surpass him, and teach at a pitch and putt or Driving range. Maybe move onto some putting afterwards, and find out the best way to hover over the hole and wave my club around pointing at the line with my club for my partner without being accessed a penalty, and more importantly doing it when it is my opponents turn and there bye not allowing them to line up their putt. God knows they don't belong on the same green as me anyways.

Then if all this fails, how to graciously throw a tantrum in efforts of explaining how the better guy lost today, and further explain that I am better than the show or tournament itself, and they were lucky to have me. Then understand how to justify that the reason the other 16 people simply hated me because they were jealous that they never developed such a stabby swing.

Did anyone else notice he was using his putter to point at the line for his partner?

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Haha yes he is a teaching pro and when Ive been there only horrible golfers with bad swings just like him are taking lessons. Ive seen more and more people switch from him to another pro who is fantastic and teaches the game the way it should be.
Something tells me that after this show, he is going to need to find a way to justify why no one wants to take lessons from him anymore. To be real honest, if I ran the course I would have a hard time keeping him on after that show. Being cocky and arrogant is excusable and maybe not always a bad thing for some golf pros, showing such little etiquette, respect or sportsmanship as a Pro is an insult to the game.

Sandy

Aug 29, 2006
Having only seen one series of this before I was just staggered last night as I witnessed the most misplaced self-belief I think I've ever seen. At what point was he going to start showing the classy shotmaking and pure golfing skills that he was constantly boasting about? As for the other guy beating him purely by luck, I just couldn't help thinking of the old golf quote 'The more I practice the luckier I seem to get'. What a sore loser, bad sportsman and above all, pretty average golfer!

I felt for Cindy though, not least for having her own time on the programme prematurely ended through the seeding process that paired her with the biggest handicap she'll ever see. She is always going to be at a disadvantage on the show as it seems every challenge is either 'up and downs' or 'long approaches' and she has no chance with the second type - thinks like having to hit small targets on the green using her teed up driver when even the other women can pull irons for the shot. Given her success off the show, you get the feeling that if the show was just a round-robin series of matches, where your entire game was put to the test, she'd be at least top-half, if not up near the top.

🔥 Latest posts