• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Can You believe this Guy????

TmacG

Feb 3, 2007
I was just frustrated watching the darn show. I mean mark wasn't a great golfer either but I almost laughed out loud when I heard he was a teaching professional. My dog could swing better than that. Whats with the huge abbreviation and the monster beaver pelts he takes out of the ground. Heck if I was the owner of the golf course that he taught at then Gary wouldnt have a job anymore. The way he finds everyone inferior to him was just ridiculous. I am glad he's gone but as previously stated, I felt bad for Cindy. She didnt seem to have very much self confidence though which is crucial in the game of golf.

Ha I can't wait till next episode.
Eduardo really grinds my gears.

TmacG

Bama Duffer

Mar 14, 2005
Glad to see Gary gone, sorry Cindy is. In the earlier show, she seemed very confident and determined to show she wasn't too old to compete. This time around, she never got that confidence back.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Glad to see Gary gone, sorry Cindy is. In the earlier show, she seemed very confident and determined to show she wasn't too old to compete. This time around, she never got that confidence back.
Probably kind of hard to get your confidence back when you are burdened with a 6' handicap with a stabby swing, from NJ who thinks you are dragging him down to your level, when you are really trying to extend the butt end of your rifle and just trying to pull his butt off of the firing line. Unfortunately he is only interested in trying to get a firm grasp on the trigger.

Rarely is there a time that golf is a team sport, it is a shame that some of the people on this show are put in a position where they are thrown into the fire and only have a 50/50 chance on pulling themselves out. Not that he is a bad player and couldn't have possibly done as well on his own, but did anyone else notice that DD was granted immunity and never picked up a golf club?

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
Not that he is a bad player and couldn't have possibly done as well on his own, but did anyone else notice that DD was granted immunity and never picked up a golf club?

:rolleyes:

Yeah... he's gonna try and ride her all the way to the finish.... just hope she doesn't end up being dragged down like Cindy was.

Mors Ab Alto

Aug 28, 2006
First of all, I hated Gary after about 10 minutes into BBVI. He was way too cocky for someone who couldn't really hit decent shots when the pressure was on. Anyone remember the episode when the guys were playing alternate shot? He had a 4iron from a decent lie into a par 5 and hit a crazy snap hook, then complained that the other teammates put too much pressure on him by hitting the drive to that side of the fairway.

Then the whole time he is talking about his match with Mark, he is giving him no chance. Even when it took him 4 hacks (and I use that term literally) to get in on the first challenge, he has the stones to say "well, I just let him in, and now I've made room for luck to take over", basically saying that Mark didn't have a chance.

And I will reiterate what others have said: he has no right talking trash about other golfers with a swing like that. And that's bad coming from me "see my swing thread".

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
I have met and worked with him a few times, all I can say is the way that he is portrayed on the show is accurate. He works at a nine hole public course that I have played a couple of times growing up and since I have returned to NJ. He is just as arrogant and self absorbed at the PGA events that I have seen him participate in. Unfortunately, he is the type of PGA Professional that can give the rest of us the image of being aloof and stuck up.

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
i watched the rerun tonite and i have to agree im glad Gary got the boot.for a teaching pro he had no course etiquette.whacking at the sand behind Mark while he was attemting his shots.strictly bush league.

there is no reason to be a sore loser if your supposed to be a teacher of the game.ive been stomped by lesser players during league(had to give a guy 7 strokes and he ended up a stroke behind me straight up. he shot about a stroke a hole better then his avg.)i didnt stand behind him and sulk and swat at the ground with my clubs.i encouraged him and tryed to keep him in his game because it was his best round ever.

i expect Nikki to be gone next week by then she should have rode Eddie into the ground so she`ll have nothingelse to stick around for.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Gary, " I was playing to win, he was just playing to survive."

Last time I checked, Gary, the last survivor wins. I am glad he is gone.

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
I concur that I disliked him after about 10 minutes of BBVI. I figured his cockiness was a dry sense of humor. Self-depreciating. Then it just goes on and on and on, and soon enough I realized (like I said, 10 minutes) this guy is a total dick.

I just hated the previews to BBVII when I saw Gary was on. Thank God he only lasted 2 episodes. I felt really, really bad for Cindy. The only way she could have gotten a worse partner is if she drew Nikki somehow. Did anyone notice that, once again, Nikki isn't the first gal out?

Cindy was my favorite from BBIII. She absolutely told it like it was in her interviews.

Ashley is an unstoppable force. Having just been through this in BBVI, I can't imagine her ever getting nervous out there. DD got really, really lucky to catch a rising star who is getting to the prime of her career.

I think Mark and Cindy would have been a great team.

For those of you who didn't catch BBI, most of those guys were terrible. I don't think they had much in the way of requirements to make the show. I think they were mainly looking for entertaining personalities. Mark is definitely that. I feel bad for him that he is the only one from BBI.

Now that Gary is gone, the series can start. Now I just have to hope they keep Kelly around another week. He has to overcome his partner. And if the do the exact same challenges next week, they are going to get smoked. Though, I will take Kelly over any of those guys with the 3 shots to the circle that Gary and Mark had. The absolute max Kelly will take, for all three locations is 7. And that's if he's off.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I hope Val hits the road next. She also needs a major attitude adjustment. Be real nice if she took Eddy with her.
DD is proving to be a pretty good guy after all. Yes he is loud, yes he is an in your face kind of guy. I do find him quite humble however, and very respectful of his partner. This is a hell of a lot more than I can say about most of the people on the show.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I hope Val hits the road next. She also needs a major attitude adjustment. Be real nice if she took Eddy with her.
DD is proving to be a pretty good guy after all. Yes he is loud, yes he is an in your face kind of guy. I do find him quite humble however, and very respectful of his partner. This is a hell of a lot more than I can say about most of the people on the show.

I'd like to ***** her, and **** her, and **** her, and then I'd like to ***** it in her *** and **** her three ways to Sunday.

Then she can go.

Sandy

Aug 29, 2006
DD is proving to be a pretty good guy after all. Yes he is loud, yes he is an in your face kind of guy. I do find him quite humble however, and very respectful of his partner.

After all I'd read and heard about DD, it was surprising to see him as one of the few men willing to put his hands up and admit that his female partner was much better at some of the challenge shots than he was. Somehow can't imagine Gary having done that...

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006
I just watched the rerun last night. To say that Gary is an ass is a complete understatement. He is a total piece of $hit!! I have seen beginners with better swings than Gary. He got his butt handed to him by one of the weakest players in the field and acted like he was the best out there. I am so happy he is gone. I can't believe anyone would ever take a lesson from him.

I think Ashley and DD are the team to beat. As much bashing as I have heard about DD I kind of like him. He knows that his partner is on fire and is letting her do her thing without letting his ego get in the way. That is a lot more than I can say about a few others out there.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I kind of like DD also, he cracks me up. I like watching Mike too. At first I thought, how the heck can he swing with that big 'ol gut, but that guy keeps the head in the impact zone forever. A lot can be can learned about ballstriking from watching his swing from waist to waist.

🔥 Latest posts