• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Can You believe this Guy????

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
I thought the Golf Channel edited the show well last night - how simple would it have been to just show Pam's comments and make it look like Dave was being an idiot to her, but they showed exactly what he said to her, and intercutting it with her ridiculous comments left no-one in any doubt who was in the wrong. What made it even worse for her was that Dave's advice was absolutely spot on, right down to him taking the shot from the rough against Kelly - if she'd taken that and lost it, then that would have lost them the challenge altogether without him and Val needing to play.

Excellent post Sandy! Exactly what I was thinking.

I loved Pam from BBIII. She and Cindy were both my favorites and I was glad they came back for BB7. BUT, knowing you are coming for BB7, perhaps you should practice a little and not bitch so much.

Todmun, if you get a chance to ask, do the BB contestants get to see the "final cut" only when it comes on TV, or do they get a pre-screening?

That said, as Sandy was saying, man did Pam come off looking bad. I think Dave told her "right edge and firm" and "right edge and a lot firmer than I played it" at least twice. And that was on the broadcast. The very last thing he said was to have fun with it. I am very glad TGC edited it the way they did.

I have no idea what Val was doing. None. What is she doing on the show if she can't hit a wedge of some sort there? She took a 5 with the putter, and really, none of them were close. She could have dead skulled 4 for the same number.

Kelly is the best male player there. Because of that, he got saddled with the worst female, and they are both still in it. When the time comes for an elimination challenge for them, and it will because Nikki IS that bad, I imagine Kelly will be getting a new partner.

The way this is set up, it is damn near impossible to tell who is going home next. In a lot of these challenges gals that need the help, Pam, Nikki, get picked up by their partner.

I just start wondering if they are actually ever going to play a hole of golf.

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006
I can't wait till Pam goes home. She is almost as annoying as Gary was. I feel bad for Dave that he got stuck with her. He has a very good short game but he can only carry her so far.

Kelly and Nikki are really out there. It's kind of funny listening to them talk about each shot. I am just waiting for him to tell her to "be the ball."

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Mike seems like a nice guy, and he's from Savannah, just down the road, but, sheesh, man, lose some friggin weight! If he were to win, would he really be able to walk 18 holes on the Nationwide Tour? Or would they be calling for a crane and flatbed on hole #3?

todmun

May 22, 2006

I loved Pam from BBIII. She and Cindy were both my favorites and I was glad they came back for BB7. BUT, knowing you are coming for BB7, perhaps you should practice a little and not bitch so much.

Todmun, if you get a chance to ask, do the BB contestants get to see the "final cut" only when it comes on TV, or do they get a pre-screening?

That said, as Sandy was saying, man did Pam come off looking bad. I think Dave told her "right edge and firm" and "right edge and a lot firmer than I played it" at least twice. And that was on the broadcast. The very last thing he said was to have fun with it. I am very glad TGC edited it the way they did.

I have no idea what Val was doing. None. What is she doing on the show if she can't hit a wedge of some sort there? She took a 5 with the putter, and really, none of them were close. She could have dead skulled 4 for the same number.

Kelly is the best male player there. Because of that, he got saddled with the worst female, and they are both still in it. When the time comes for an elimination challenge for them, and it will because Nikki IS that bad, I imagine Kelly will be getting a new partner.

The way this is set up, it is damn near impossible to tell who is going home next. In a lot of these challenges gals that need the help, Pam, Nikki, get picked up by their partner.

Good question . If I remember to Ill ask him next time I talk to him.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Well we lost a very good female player yesterday thanks to a couple of uncharacteristic shots by her partner Mike. You could tell how bummed he was as he knew he put her on the spot and it was his mistake that put them in the elimination.

We also lost Mark. Mark is a hack, simple as that. He seems like a really good guy who has a ccomplished a lot in his life, especially when you look at where he started. He went from Janitor to CEO of a company. Few people can say they have done that. As for golf, he stinks, and never really did belong on the show. Regardless, he will laways be a hero to me for getting rid of Gary.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Wow, Dave is such the instigator. He can really get double D to get off his game and to say some stupid things.

I think Mike is done. The confessional videos at the end of the show really left an impression that is was so down the dumps over getting Kim into the elimination challenge and for beating Mark to stay on the show. If he does not lock up those emotions, he is not going to last too much longer. I like the guy and hope he does well, but he is going to have to let those emotions go. Your there at the Big Break to win, period.

Just like when Cindy eliminated herself, it was painful watching Mark miss the grid over and over again. It was hard to watch him take 16 swings and fail time and time again. You just can not perform after you lose your confidence like that.

I am even starting to like double D a bit. As much as I detested him after the BBIV episode, I am starting to see a new side to him. He still has to learn how to ignore Dave's needle, but when he puts his mind to it and closes his mouth and he can really play this game. The way he came through on the grid challenge in the immunity round was amazing. I thought he was done for, be he was able to refocus himself and to pull off the shot on the first attempt. The best thing for DD would be to have Dave eliminated. Dave has his number and knows exactly which buttons to push to get him out of his game.

One can only hope that the Kelly and Nikki show only lasts one more episode. The show will be a whole lot more enjoyable to watch once the human rain delay twins get eliminated.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
One can only hope that the Kelly and Nikki show only lasts one more episode. The show will be a whole lot more enjoyable to watch once the human rain delay twins get eliminated.
I got a real kick about the whole sideline 6 iron incident between Bri and Kelly. Talking about getting in someones head. Expecting her to get up and start dancing around saying "He pulls my strings and makes me dance"

Looking for Bri to pull two clubs less on the next show and come up 20 yards short.

I think Tommy was trying to drag her out of it to keep her in the game. Were it not for the fact that I think he may be one of the best players and would like to see Tommy win the whole thing, it would make for great TV if he and Nikki were to be eliminated next week to see what would happen when Bri and Kelly were partners again.

Actually, I still think Tommy should have likely won the show he was in, and still think he was robbed that the tie breaker went back to the beginning of the show where he putted first, and the eventual winner got to see like 5 others try the shot first.

It would be like the tiebreaker in the US Open go back to who had the best first round.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Looking for Bri to pull two clubs less on the next show and come up 20 yards short.

Ah memories of BB VI. Nikki has like 185 yards to the hole, takes out a six iron and hits a shot 30 yards short of the hole. While most people would be pissed about being so short, Nikki mugs it up for the camera saying, "185 yards, 6 iron!" like she's all that and more. Well, let see here, 185 yard to the pin, 30 yards short, 6-iron 155 yards. Good math there Nikki and great club selection.:rolleyes:

Pam, Nikki, and Bri on the line next show along with Dave, Kelly, and Tommy. I will speculate that Tommy/Bri take the immunity, Kelly and Nikki go home (although Pam does not seem to be in this one as much as she was on III and may find a way to lose to Nikki.)

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
i think Pam`s whole problem is she just isnt fired up for this show.i vet if Danielle was there shed have a little more fire in her belly.i think that is what pushed her so much the first time around she wanted to stomp Danielle.

DD and Mike need to get there emotions in check.DD just needs to tune everybody out and play his game.

Kelly and Nikki need to be gone.Kelly may have some talent but Nikki`s got nothing but the fun bags goin for her(im sure those are fake like her game)

i think Tommy is going to come out on top in the long run with DD pushing him in the finish.

Laura really impressed me with the being able to suck it up and preform so well.somebody mentioned she might have pulled a muscle in her rib area.that had to be painful swinging a club.

Bama Duffer

Mar 14, 2005
I had the same thought, ualtim. Tivo messed up last night and I only got home in time to see the last half of the show, but during his comments in the confessional at the end of the show, he sounded defeated, like he was personally responsible. I doubt Kim blamed him as much as he blamed himself. He has to get over that and move on.

todmun

May 22, 2006

Saw dave last night and I did remember to ask him. He said they don't see any footage of the show until it's aired.

zenkar

Jul 30, 2006
funny.. I was at Hyatt Hills at the driving range hitting balls. next to me Gary was teaching some guy and gave me his card for lessons and such (this is when I realized it was Gary from BB... that was pretty funny.)

Sandy

Aug 29, 2006
I think Mike is done. The confessional videos at the end of the show really left an impression that is was so down the dumps over getting Kim into the elimination challenge and for beating Mark to stay on the show. If he does not lock up those emotions, he is not going to last too much longer.

Remember that he'll have at least a day to get over it though - he won't be playing in next week's show, so will have had at least 36hrs where he won't have had to pick up a club and get some perspective on the 'individual' aspect of the game compared to the artificial 'team' dynamic they've set up.

🔥 Latest posts