• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

can you play music to golf?

T

tenorcharm

I don't know about you but for some reason I need music playing to help me concentrate. Not all music though. Right now I can play golf while listening to Josh Groban & Ronan Tynan. This is classical opera. Is anyone a fan of classical opera?

Bri

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I would, but I keep forgetting to buy that CD. I'll have to borrow it from Crowe. ;)

In all honesty, I couldn't listen to music while playing. I'm too busy concentrating to even pay attention.

I will admit, however, that I do whistle to myself on the way down the fairway. Even after a poor drive.

It's usually something very out of context too, like Breakfast at Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something or Gun's in the Sky by INXS. You know, golf tunes... :)

Cheers,

R35

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
tenorcharm said:
can you play music to golf

Depends on the instrument. I would think that most would seriously get in the way. ;)

However, looking at it another way, it would be great if life had a soundtrack, wouldn't it? I mean, with background music, you'd immediately know whether to go for that 215 carry over water. If the Jaws music is playing, lay up, dude....

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Farquod said:
Depends on the instrument. I would think that most would seriously get in the way. ;)

However, looking at it another way, it would be great if life had a soundtrack, wouldn't it? I mean, with background music, you'd immediately know whether to go for that 215 carry over water. If the Jaws music is playing, lay up, dude....

LOL...thats a good one...

buddha33

aka Dick Ramser
Aug 31, 2004
rockford35 said:
It's usually something very out of context too, like Breakfast at Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something or Gun's in the Sky by INXS.

Or "Man! I feel like a Woman" by Shania Twain.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
buddha33 said:
Or "Man! I feel like a Woman" by Shania Twain.

"Feel" like a woman?

Hell, i'm teeing off from the women's tee box 50% of the time anyways....

R35

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
I usually whislte or play some kinda upbeat song in my head when I play, something mellow like canibal corpse or slayer. :D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
MAHALLEDAY said:
I usually whislte or play some kinda upbeat song in my head when I play, something mellow like canibal corpse or slayer. :D

Ya, Fine Young Cannibals rule. Good show! :p

R35

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
rockford35 said:
Ya, Fine Young Cannibals rule. Good show! :p

R35

Yeah, hear you. what really great about it is if you listen to it backwards , it's just Johnny miller saying, "I was better" over and over agin.

no wonderI get so anrgy when i listen to it :D :wow:

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
MAHALLEDAY said:
Yeah, hear you. what really great about it is if you listen to it backwards , it's just Johnny miller saying, "I was better" over and over agin.

no wonderI get so anrgy when i listen to it :D :wow:

You sir, have just ruined the Fine Young Cannibals for me forever.

I hope you're happy. :mad:

R35

PS... :p

davevandyk

Mar 9, 2005
i actually love hitting balls and listening to music on the practice grounds. I find this is actually the only way i can concentrate on practicing. I can block out everybody around me hitting and i really am not concerned with what sound the club makes, i can always tell how i hit the ball by the feel and ball flight. Never tried it out on the course, always afraid i am gonna get pegged with a ball!!

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
rockford35 said:
You sir, have just ruined the Fine Young Cannibals for me forever.

I hope you're happy. :mad:

R35

PS... :p
Well in their defense it may have been Satan, but I doubt he'd be so full of himself as to need to appear on someone's record stating hwo much better he is then you, and how he could have his way wth your mother should he choose.

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
It's actually a good idea, while walking on the course and not playing your shots, or waiting for your partners to hit. I think I'll get myself a little mp3 player.

Mally, did you like Divine Intervention? My pref would be Seasons in the Abyss. Too bad Lombardi walked out of the band :p

🔥 Latest posts