• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cannot stop being late!!

lilhellmaker17

Aug 19, 2007
I have not been able to see the left rough or fairway in the last 2 months with a driver. I am constantly pushing the ball off the tee that will than turn into a slice. I am getting late with my hands which leads me to try to use my body which makes me flare open with an open clubface causing a big push/slice. I have lost all confidence in my driver and am looking to ditch the stupid POS. Nike SQ 4950 9.5. I hate it.

2 questions:

What can i do to stop being so late?

Which driver is easy to turn over?

Jaden

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Softer shafts, and theoretically a club with a lower MOI would be easier to turn over.

But work on your swing, brother. Maybe stand a little farther from the ball and work on swinging flatter; around your body. Try to keep the club at shoulder-level at the top 'til you get a feel for it. It's much easier to turn the club over swinging flat like that.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
1st things 1st, try a stronger grip. Me, I setup slightly open to target and cut it. Lot easier to not block it.

OP
lilhellmaker17

lilhellmaker17

Aug 19, 2007
Silver,

That is what is confusing me the most, my swing is so flat that at the top the shaft that basically the top of my left wrist is completely flat facing towards the sky at the top of my backswing and my left arm and shaft basically make one fluid flat 90* angle.

And with the the driver, the shaft is a little soft..I am borderline X and this is a lighter weight Stiff that is pretty lose at the tip and a lot of times they will go straight and end right which I am thinking is the soft shaft. and I just want a new driver anyway. Mine I've had for like a year and it is getting too boring and ugly now.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Are you completing your follow through? When I start flirting with the right side to much, I concentrate on making sure my belt buckle is pointing at my target when I finish my swing. When I don't finish my follow through all the way, the ball blocks right or slices.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online