• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cant complain about a good round....but!!

robereno

Oct 25, 2006
Now dont get me wrong I'm not really looking for sympathy but I took the day off and played yesterday. Raleigh CC great Donald Ross layout. I shot a 66 and lost $30 to a 12 handicap that shot 71.....I knew he was better and played him anyway but it just amazes me what some people will do for a buck!

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Was this a total stranger? Did he have a deep tan, squinty eyes, and carry a 2 iron?

I've never understood this betting on your golf game vs a total stranger, especially when handicaps are used. My God, you can't even trust people not to drive off from a gas station without paying these days, how in the world could you trust them to tell you their real handicap?

And how do people who want to bet on golf hook up? Is there a secret handshake or wave or something? In all the times I have played with people I met on the first tee, I have never had anyone ask me if I want to play for money. Which is probably a good thing. :)

kwcsports

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2006
I agree, I would almost never play a stranger for money. I play money games with lots of guys at my club, but I know them all and know their games. The odd time I will play with strangers and suggest a small money game on the back nine after I have seen them play for nine holes.:)

OP
robereno

robereno

Oct 25, 2006
both valid points, I knew him as a 7 handicap....back problems blah blah blah made his handicap go up or so he said. I dont know about the gambling thing because rarely have I ever played with someone and not gambled!!

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
You should have given him real back problems and taken your money back! :D

And by the way, thanks for the killer deal on taht MP32 2 Iron Rob.

Oh, and by by the way, this must mean a new club for you?

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
hehehe I won't even play with my friends for money, cheatin' bastads... :laugh:

I've been playing quite a bit with YG lately, which is good since he's better than me. Keeps me working at trying to catch up with him. I think he lets me play along so I can help him find his drives that disappear out of site (lonnnnnnng and straight) when he hits them. :D

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
when i play for money its always with people i know.well atleast on the course cards is another story.

i`ve never had a stranger ask me to play for money.if they did i would figure them for a hustler.

if its just for a drink then i would play figuring what the hell its only a couple bucks.

OP
robereno

robereno

Oct 25, 2006
I have to admit that the betting gets my competitive juices flowing and I like it!!!

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
Ive played plenty of strangers for a buck a hole or something small, anything bigger, is off scratch. Always.

clemsonhacker

uncle sam's slave
Aug 15, 2006
rob dont ya hate sandbaggers.....hey im gonna be up around that way next week...ill be like 30 min north of durham in creedmoor...do you know of any lighted driving raanges up that way?

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
ch, they roll the streets up at 9:00 in Creedmoor...the ranges don't need lights! ;)

OP
robereno

robereno

Oct 25, 2006
there is one on Leesville road in btwn Raleigh and Durham
and one on Falls of the Neuse in Raleigh

clemsonhacker

uncle sam's slave
Aug 15, 2006
guys i dread going up there..i hear its a hole in the wall...anybody close by want to get a quick 9 in one afternoon let me know...ill be free after 5

🔥 Latest posts