• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Can't have it all

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I just can't get everything to click in the same round. Last round I was putting great and my irons were pure crap. Yesterday I couldn't putt for crap but everything else was 10 out of 10 for a while. Driver was insane, so long, so straight. Irons were on taget, flying high and sticking. Wedges were the best I've ever had, sticking those so well I looked like better than scratch. Putting, god fricken awful.

How bad was it? I hit 4 consecutive greens in regulation to start the round, all approaches on the correct tier and the 3rd hole was a chip from the fringe for the GIR on a par 5 after a launched drive and pinpoint 5iron cut around the dogleg.

I sat on the teebox of #5 at 3 over par.
icon9.gif

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Oh, and I also would have been looking to ditch the Scotty had I not seen my boss and twofast have the same trouble.

How bad? Twofast sent me a PM asking if a putter was a "good deal" last night. Today that "Scotty" listing said it was sold. :laugh: I'm going to laugh my a$$ off if he comes on later saying he bought it.

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
Oh, and I also would have been looking to ditch the Scotty had I not seen my boss and twofast have the same trouble.

How bad? Twofast sent me a PM asking if a putter was a "good deal" last night. Today that "Scotty" listing said it was sold. :laugh: I'm going to laugh my a$$ off if he comes on later saying he bought it.

i think this is the third time i said this here past couple of days.. it's the putter.. hahaha

i do have to admit, your scotty feels SOOOOO much better than my putter, granted it's a POS walter hagen putter, but still a good putter.

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
Holy sugar dude, you play your putter at 29"?

yeah.. i have long arms and i'm short (is it because i'm asian or because i'm a monkey?). i think i can really use 34" or 33" but ez's 35" felt comfortable too.

my putter was originally 34" (from the factory) and after cutting 1" and measured it, it was only 29"

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Ezra, Sunday I hit 7 fairways, and had 4, yes 4, GIR. And that's including the par 3s. :( That's what trying to make swing changes will do to your round.

But, I had 4 1 putts and the rest 2 putts, so my score ended up a not-so-bad 84.

I think putting poorly puts me in a worse mood than striking the ball poorly. If I get the ball on the green in regulation and then 3 putt, I feel like a dumbass.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I have this "Heavy Putter" for sale that will cure all these problems... :D

Actually it sounds like the greens are hard to read since all of you had that problem.

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
if you think about it, putting is completely different game. for regular golf swings, you can be athletic and be sufficient to play decent ball game, but for putting, you have to read the line, guage the distance, slope, etc. so even if you put a good stroke, the ball doesn't always fine the hole. and another thing that pissed me off is that some of the greens are so subtle that when you putt, it breaks towards up hill. i know this can't be true, but even when i survey the whole green, my mind's blow when my ball rolls "up hill" away from the hole.

usually when i'm putting in mid 30's per round i'm in the 80's. if anything above 40, i'm in 90's. i think i'm avg. around 35-40 putts/round and i need to work on putting if i want to significantly improve my score.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Maybe if you didn't change a club as often as you change your socks, you could get a lesson or figure out your own clubs, and lower your score.

Seriously dude, I can understand hoing, but this can't be beneficial to your game.

🔥 Latest posts