• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

can't hit anything off the deck.

OP
rubber314chicken

rubber314chicken

Thats what she said
Dec 27, 2007
Damn that thing's pretty. I might not want to hit a tee ball with it for fear of scratching the crown if I get all wonky.

hah.... yep. I tee mine up really low, as in the head of the tee is just above the ground.

emerson430

Aug 5, 2008
Two things:

1) Waaaaaa -- my ball ends up in the fairway ... waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh :unhappy:

2) For me it was always in the head ... like my dad always said, you look at where the ball was, i'll look at where it's going.

OP
rubber314chicken

rubber314chicken

Thats what she said
Dec 27, 2007
Two things:

1) Waaaaaa -- my ball ends up in the fairway ... waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh :unhappy:

2) For me it was always in the head ... like my dad always said, you look at where the ball was, i'll look at where it's going.

1) I fixed my problem. It wasn't in my head, I just had the wrong idea as how to hit the ball. Down, not forward.

2) Making fun of people's ability to hit better out of the rough is not gonna make you popular.

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
My coach had a drill that he would always have us do when we started mishitting a lot of shots. He would have us take what he called handshake shots, swing your club back until your lead hand is in the position to shake someones hand who is standing behind you. Then swing forward at about 50% power until your dominant hand is in a position to shake someones hand who is standing in front of you. After you have done that about 10 times making nice contact with the ground each time put a ball down and make the same swing. Then go to a three quarters swing and repeat the process. Always taking slow tempo swings it is not a race. Finally after you are making consistant contact at 3/4 go to a full swing and only swing with about 80% of your total effort. You should feel the nice crisp contact of a well struck shot. Hope this helps.

Oh yeah and I agree if you have to mention the s-word in a form it is like He Who Must Not Be Named from Harry Potter, don't use the actual word. It could get you killed in some circles.

OP
rubber314chicken

rubber314chicken

Thats what she said
Dec 27, 2007
Wait....what?

It wasnt in your head, you just had the wrong idea????

all the idea's i have had, were in my head...

I mean I had the wrong idea on how to hit the ball (I was thinking just forward, but now I think down and forward), not just over thinking it.

RJS

Aug 20, 2008
Walker,La.
Country
United States United States
RJS

You hit the same club off the ground and tee and one shot slices and the other doesn't? Sounds like you are thinking yourself out of your swing. With irons try focusing on the ground in front of the ball, going though the ball not at it. You can usually tell from the divot if the direction of your club swing is leading to your slice or if the problem lies elsewhere. With your woods check out the ball placement in relation to your stance.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online