• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Car Wash App

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey guys, was just wondering if any of you have seen an app in your country (an application for you old geezers, used on a smart phone) where you can purchase a car wash (whether it be at a service/petrol/gas station, car valet place etc) via an app and not have to purchase one from inside the forecourt?
Eg: I can purchase a car wash somewhere, get the code on my app, drive to the car wash place, punch the code into the access box/panel, get the car wash done, and leave. All without getting out of the car.
If you've seen this anywhere can you let me know?
Cheers

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
Hey guys, was just wondering if any of you have seen an app in your country (an application for you old geezers, used on a smart phone) where you can purchase a car wash (whether it be at a service/petrol/gas station, car valet place etc) via an app and not have to purchase one from inside the forecourt?
Eg: I can purchase a car wash somewhere, get the code on my app, drive to the car wash place, punch the code into the access box/panel, get the car wash done, and leave. All without getting out of the car.
If you've seen this anywhere can you let me know?
Cheers

now that is lazyness!!

nope, never heard of an app like that - but then, my dad has his own valet shop.....

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I don't have to get out of my car either....I swipe my credit card through my window and press a button...done. Don't have to download an app or require internet access or require that the car wash joint be involved with that application.

What the hell is a forecourt and why would you have to go in there to get a car wash?

OP
MattyB

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I don't have to get out of my car either....I swipe my credit card through my window and press a button...done. Don't have to download an app or require internet access or require that the car wash joint be involved with that application.

What the hell is a forecourt and why would you have to go in there to get a car wash?
Yeah credit card swipe seems just as practical.
Forecourts over here are at petrol stations. They're the pumping area/in shop area. Nearly all service stations you have to go inside and pay for the car wash, get a print out code, then go back to the car wash part and start the process like that.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Yeah credit card swipe seems just as practical.
Forecourts over here are at petrol stations. They're the pumping area/in shop area. Nearly all service stations you have to go inside and pay for the car wash, get a print out code, then go back to the car wash part and start the process like that.

oh, ok, makes sense now. Yeah...is there a reason they don't just put a card reader in for the car wash?

Y'all have pay at the pump right?

OP
MattyB

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Nah as far as I've seen they don't here. Hence why I'm seeing if they do elsewhere and how they work lol. Me and my brother trying to quickly get something to market before the big companies do.
Yeah you can pay for gas at the pump, but nothing for car washes. Thought it would've been done by now so we're trying to get in first.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Nah as far as I've seen they don't here. Hence why I'm seeing if they do elsewhere and how they work lol. Me and my brother trying to quickly get something to market before the big companies do.
Yeah you can pay for gas at the pump, but nothing for car washes. Thought it would've been done by now so we're trying to get in first.

Interdasting...

I think you got yourself an idea. Dealing with credit cards in applications will open you to a lot of regulation and possible fines/fees/etc. Not a deal breaker necessarily but something to check out and be aware of. At least it does in the states...not sure about your locale.

Good luck! I like when people have cool ideas like this. Every time I come up with a good mobile application idea, it's already been done...usually by several people.

OP
MattyB

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Cheers mate. We're hoping to have it done in the next few weeks and pitch it to the major gas chain here that doesn't seem to have it yet.
Hopefully they're not already in planning haha.

🔥 Latest posts