• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

CAREER ACES

Golfbum

THAT'S SOLID
Jan 14, 2005
Ok let's all be honest here, I will start the ball rolling in the honourable direction.
How many ACES have you had over your golf career? PUTT PUTT GOLF DOES NOT COUNT:)

I have had 3 ACES in 23 years of golfing. I took the game up right after I got married, in May 1982. I was just a weekend greens fee player at first. Five years after I got started I finally got a membership at the local 9 hole muni here in my city. That course had 4 Par 3's, 195, 147, 155 and 145 yards. So everytime I played 18 holes I had 8 chances for an ace. Well it took me 28 years of golfing before I finally had my first Hole In One. I went up one night after supper to play a quick 9 holes, joined two guys on the 2nd hole and ACED the 4th hole. I did not see the ball go in, as I still had my sunglasses on and just couldn't see it. A smooth 7 iron from 147 into a breeze, and in it went. Date:July 11, 2000 at Talbot Park Golf Club, St Thomas,ON. Sadly that course was 92 years old when it was sold and became a WALMART.

My 2nd ACE came at the course that I am a member at now. Same thing, I played 11 holes alone during a week day, caught two guys at the 12th and Aced the 13th. Par 3, 175 yards, again it was windy, so I hit a 5 iron. The guys I was with were more excited than I was. That ACE came 2 years after my first one. Date:Sept.11,2002. Westminster TrailsGolf Club, London ON

My 3rd ACE was once again at The Trails on June 28, 2003. 15th hole 173 yards, 7 iron, landed 8 feet short of the cup and in it went.
Two days later, same pin placement, same club I hit the flagstick but it bounced off :mad:

No aces in 2004, but I came close a few times. Hit a few flagsticks but none would drop.

So tell us your stories about your Hole In One.

The Golfbum
:canadafla

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Well, counting the one I got last week, I still have zero. :p

You'll see about 7 threads down where I mention Kind of an ace. It's the closest I've come, so I'm still waiting.

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
I have two but they are on a pitch nad put course (holes from 50-90 yards). So i dunno if they really count or not.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I've had two as well.

157 yard 7 iron, par 3. Great shot, side wind, perfect execution.

The second was last season, in my final round of the season. There's a thread about it in here somewhere....

http://www.shottalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174&highlight=call

Both my aces came during my career best rounds. Funny, because i've seen two others in my grouping and the guys that got them were playing the shits the whole day until then! :D

R35

OP
Golfbum

Golfbum

THAT'S SOLID
Jan 14, 2005
ACES

Hey nice to see some replies here. One thing about making aces, you gotta play! I played 165 rounds last year, came close a few times but as I said in my post none dropped. Funny thing, in 2003 when I got my last hole in one 2 other guys I usually play with also had aces. One guy had his first and the other had his third. My doctor and I have a little war going on to see who has the next one as we are both sitting at 3.
I once saw an article on PGA players and how many aces they have had in sanctioned tourneys and I am proud to say I am ahead of a lot of Pros when it comes to aces.
Now I need one on a par 4, now that would be sweeeeeeeeeeeet.
Double eagle, now that I have not had. But I missed one by an inch a couple of years ago on a 497 yd par 5. Hit the pin from 225, and the ball sat on th edge of the cup. They say double eagles are rarer than aces, and I think that is true.:smilie_ti

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I've come one revolution of the ball from a double eagle.

I also saw a guy get one about 10 years ago. Downwind on a par 5, driver-5iron about 470ish. Landed on the green and rolled about 40 feet into the cup.

They still have the ball in the clubhouse on a plaque, that's how rare they are.

R35

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Date: Early September, 2002
Season: 1st
Handicap at time: Approximately 35-40
# of rounds to date: About 5 PnP, 5-10 9 Hole full length, 5'ish full courses
Clubs: Tommy Aaron cheapies borrowed from my brother
Course: Kensington Pitch & Putt, Burnaby BC
Hole: #5
Length: 80 Yards
Club: PW
Ball: Used Wilson Staff Pro Straight (#1)

Picture this: Overcast weekday in early September, boss is still away on holidays, have a new student in the office so I took part of the morning off to go play a PnP round with some friends - we all suck.

I've been connecting pretty well on my tee shots on the first few holes, but my putting is ass and if I didn't land on the green, my chipping is also ass. Also, the greens at Kensington leave something to be desired as it's a muni PnP, so you get what you pay for ($9 for a fairly decent sized 18 hole PnP - average length probably about 90 - 95 yards).

First 4 holes - 4, 4, 5, 4. Hole #5 is a mild downhill 80 yarder. Green is small and if you go long, your ball is just gonna keep going because it's pretty steep on the other side, pin position is front'ish-right'ish - maybe 1.5 yards off the fringe (green is probably only 5 yards deep and about 10 yards wide - hard for me to remember offhand because last time I played there was at about midnight in the summer with one of the guy's gf's holding a flashlight over the flagstick so we knew where to aim - we were hitting Twilight Tracers, crazy night but that's another story).

I was feeling okay because I was connecting pretty well so I just took a nice easy half'ish swing because it was a shorter downhill hole and connected perfectly. Norm says "Wow Mike, you're driving it pretty well today." Ball lands on the front fringe right in line with the stick...bounces once, bounces another short bounces and just rolled right in.

I'm sitting there in shock and so I point at the hole and turn to them and say "Uh, that went in." Ryan and Norm both look at me and then looked at the hole and said "Holy crap!"

Final Score on the round was a 68 (14 over on a PnP) - trounced my previous best there by about 14 strokes.

It was a great moment in my very brief golf history. So much so that my girlfriend finally got me this perfect Christmas present this year:
2005_0120Image0002 (Small).JPG

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Silver said:
Date: Early September, 2002
Season: 1st
Handicap at time: Approximately 35-40
# of rounds to date: About 5 PnP, 5-10 9 Hole full length, 5'ish full courses
Clubs: Tommy Aaron cheapies borrowed from my brother
Course: Kensington Pitch & Putt, Burnaby BC
Hole: #5
Length: 80 Yards
Club: PW
Ball: Used Wilson Staff Pro Straight (#1)

Picture this: Overcast weekday in early September, boss is still away on holidays, have a new student in the office so I took part of the morning off to go play a PnP round with some friends - we all suck.

I've been connecting pretty well on my tee shots on the first few holes, but my putting is ass and if I didn't land on the green, my chipping is also ass. Also, the greens at Kensington leave something to be desired as it's a muni PnP, so you get what you pay for ($9 for a fairly decent sized 18 hole PnP - average length probably about 90 - 95 yards).

First 4 holes - 4, 4, 5, 4. Hole #5 is a mild downhill 80 yarder. Green is small and if you go long, your ball is just gonna keep going because it's pretty steep on the other side, pin position is front'ish-right'ish - maybe 1.5 yards off the fringe (green is probably only 5 yards deep and about 10 yards wide - hard for me to remember offhand because last time I played there was at about midnight in the summer with one of the guy's gf's holding a flashlight over the flagstick so we knew where to aim - we were hitting Twilight Tracers, crazy night but that's another story).

I was feeling okay because I was connecting pretty well so I just took a nice easy half'ish swing because it was a shorter downhill hole and connected perfectly. Norm says "Wow Mike, you're driving it pretty well today." Ball lands on the front fringe right in line with the stick...bounces once, bounces another short bounces and just rolled right in.

I'm sitting there in shock and so I point at the hole and turn to them and say "Uh, that went in." Ryan and Norm both look at me and then looked at the hole and said "Holy crap!"

Final Score on the round was a 68 (14 over on a PnP) - trounced my previous best there by about 14 strokes.

It was a great moment in my very brief golf history. So much so that my girlfriend finally got me this perfect Christmas present this year:
Ummm. I think if you're hitting it in the hole off the tee, you won't need those golf ball finders. (That sounds like a diss, BTW. "You couldn't find your balls with a ball finder!")
;)

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
bdcrowe said:
Ummm. I think if you're hitting it in the hole off the tee, you won't need those golf ball finders. (That sounds like a diss, BTW. "You couldn't find your balls with a ball finder!")
;)

Hah, I was referring to the trophy case :rolleyes:.

The glasses were a gag gift from her mom because when I got MORE golf balls earlier for a gift (despite having just purchased several), I sloughed it off as "oh, that's okay, I lose a lot of balls anyhow!"

So she bought me those useless pieces of junk.

OP
Golfbum

Golfbum

THAT'S SOLID
Jan 14, 2005
rockford35 said:
I've come one revolution of the ball from a double eagle.

I also saw a guy get one about 10 years ago. Downwind on a par 5, driver-5iron about 470ish. Landed on the green and rolled about 40 feet into the cup.

They still have the ball in the clubhouse on a plaque, that's how rare they are.

R35

Yeah I missed another Albotros this past summer, Par 5, driver 5 iron, two teired green, pin up top. Ball stopped 3 inches left of the hole after rolling past the front edge. Old guy in the cart with me was whooping it up when it landed as he thought it was going in! God I love having 3 inch eagle putts! :D

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online