• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Career Change

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
When I was in college I worked part time as a drive through teller for Pima Savings and Loan in Tucson. One day while I was at lunch the branch got robbed. I got quite a questioning from the FBI that day.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I don't know, we were robbed twice in one week last year.
Are you on the teller line or at a desk away from the money? Seems to me that most bank robberies are in-and-out discreet jobs, not a group of masked men shooting up the place all Hollywood style.

EDIT - I should mention that my wife worked in banks for almost ten years.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Ok here goes. I work at a desk opening accounts, doing loans etc.

First it was nothing like what you see on TV. It was a BF/GF that were itching for a heroin fix. They hit 5 banks in the area and finally got caught on the 5th one, right after ours.

The first was a Tuesday, the girl walked in wearing a hoodie and slid a note to the teller saying she was armed and to give her $$$. Her BF came in the following Saturday and did the same thing. They never showed a gun and I doubt they had one, but we are instructed to do whatever to get them out I the bank ASAP.

They got maybe $4k between the two robberies, not sure exactly how much, but whatever it was its not enough to spend a bunch if time in prison.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Did you even know what was going on at the time?

That's cool there wasn't any drama. I was totally expecting better dialog from the perp, somrthing like, "EVERYBODY GET DOWN AND LICK THE FLOOR, I'M ROBBING THIS B!TCH!

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Did you even know what was going on at the time?

That's cool there wasn't any drama. I was totally expecting better dialog from the perp, somrthing like, "EVERYBODY GET DOWN AND LICK THE FLOOR, I'M ROBBING THIS B!TCH!
I missed the first one, the second one was over before I knew. We were doing a kids activity in the branch right before it happened. All the kids left and I was getting picked up when he came in.

Spent more time with the police than anything.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.