• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Carnage today

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
The office golf outing should be interesting today. We were originally scheduled to play a "pitch and putt" 9 hole course nearby, with some of the guys sticking to "Crazy Golf", which was cool. But now the powers to be have decided to go to a nice 18 hole course. There will be 12 of us, 7 are golfers, 5 are newbies, with one who has never played before. We have managed to rustle round and gather up some extra bags, clubs balls etc.

The funny thing is that one of the team is a member of this club, so I think he is shitting himself that this will come back on him. He's been running round telling the guys to replace divots and keep moving, not to wear wife beater shirts etc. The non-golfers are playing a blinder so far, winding him up perfectly. "Can you wear flip-flops?" is the best question so far.

I care less, the forecast is for a beautiful afternoon, I have 6 clubs in my bag with some beers stashed too. I'm planning to have a blast!!

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Ended up a great day. Played with 5 clubs in my bag and shot 3 birdies. Played a lot of rubbish too, but shot an 80 overall (+9). The sun shone and the craic was good. The beginners played 9 holes and seemed to enjoy it. We had Mexican food before we went out and a few beers afterwards. Hard to beat.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
We may seem like a backward nation, but we even have electricity you know!
Actually there is a bit of a trend for Mexican Fast Food right now, several taco / burrito shops opened in the last few years. It's good stuff, but not every day, maybe once or twice a month.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
We may seem like a backward nation, but we even have electricity you know!
Actually there is a bit of a trend for Mexican Fast Food right now, several taco / burrito shops opened in the last few years. It's good stuff, but not every day, maybe once or twice a month.
I would eat taco's every single day. So delish and so much variety. Pork, chicken, beef, seafood...

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I would eat taco's every single day. So delish and so much variety. Pork, chicken, beef, seafood...
One of our younger engineers is a "taco disposal". He has won many lunches by way of his taco eating ability. He's small built, slender, and probably weighs no more than 150 lbs. He challenges "newbies" in the office to taco eating contests. The bigger the easier to sucker into it. He'll invite them out for lunch, saying "You're a big guy. Bet you can eat a lot. Tell you what. If you eat more tacos than I do, I'll buy your lunch. Of course, if I eat more than you... you buy mine." I believe his record is something on the order of 28 tacos at one lunchtime setting.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
One of our younger engineers is a "taco disposal". He has won many lunches by way of his taco eating ability. He's small built, slender, and probably weighs no more than 150 lbs. He challenges "newbies" in the office to taco eating contests. The bigger the easier to sucker into it. He'll invite them out for lunch, saying "You're a big guy. Bet you can eat a lot. Tell you what. If you eat more tacos than I do, I'll buy your lunch. Of course, if I eat more than you... you buy mine." I believe his record is something on the order of 28 tacos at one lunchtime setting.

I prefer to keep my tacos in my stomach.

Splunge

Supporting Member
Apr 29, 2014
Massachusetts
Country
That guy must be some kind of eating champion!!! DAMN!!!

🔥 Latest posts