• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Carry bag users?

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Mine hangs at hip height & I keep the club heads up. I have the backpack type strap but never use it, just throw one strap over my right shoulder & it seems to work fine.

Depending on how much you walk...that is a very bad way to carry clubs....continued use of a bag this way will cause spine damage.

I have used the backpack setup to carry the bag when I ride my motorcycle to the course, cover the club heads with the snap on rain cover & it's stable up to 80+ mph.

Now, THAt is cool!

NiftyNiblick

Nov 12, 2008
Before I rode, I used a pull cart. As a teenager, when every other one of my friends carried, I got kidded for using a pull cart like an old man.

I simply didn't care. I did macho in the Golden Gloves; golf wasn't supposed to be sweaty as far as I was concerned.

But if I did have any useful info, I would have shared--honest!

rolltherock

Dec 9, 2008
How do you carry your bag?

Does it hang to the small of your back, your hips, lower, higher?

Does the club head side sit higher than the butt end side or are they level?

I bought a new bag (sun mountain superlight 3.5) and I can never get a new bag set up comfortably it seems.

I had this same problem last year when my original trusty Ping Hoofer finally died after nearly 10 years. I have a Taylor Made...forget which model, but it's outrageously light. Could not quite seem to get it comfortable until I asked someone to help me. With another person it's much easier.

I walk with the bag down along my low back with the clubs nearly parallel to the ground. I usually put both of my hands behind me and put them on the bag on either side while walking. Sooooo, if you can get the bag in the comfortable position and hold it there while the straps are on....the other person can adjust the bag for you....loosen.....add length....and so on. Worked great for me.

On a different note....I'm so glad to see there are still people who play the game old school. Walking is good for ya!

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Mid-lower back carry.

Club ends sitting higher, if for no other reason, I rest my arm there.

Throw it on your 3-wheel Clicgear cart and push the damn thing! Much, much easier on your body.;)

I found a cheapy cart at Costco of all places and its turned out to be the greatest thing ever!! It's more or less identical to a lower end bag boy and just as good quality if not better! For $63 after taxes, I couldn't be more pleased. I enjoy walking the courses now, with out having to lug my clubs around with me. Much easier on the body for sure, and probably just as beneficial! :)

🔥 Latest posts