• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cars

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
damn, missed a lot here - damn you time difference!!!:p

Jim, at the end of the day you are buying the car and you and the wife needs to decide what the vehicle must be able to do, apart from school trips and having enough space for you....surely there must be other "jobs" the vehicle must be able to do.....?

example 1: does your vehicle need to do this?
ForesterAtlantis-116.jpg

example 2: or does your vehicle need to do this?
AWD.jpg

come on Jim, get the STi and be done with it!:devil:

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
The whole reason this process started was that the transmission shifted really hard when I shifted gears. As it shifted from gear to hear (automatic) the car would shudder. It was bizarre, and we took it to a mechanic.

He suggested we take it to a dealer because something is going on with the transmission. He couldn't say if it was minor or major, but he's not a transmission guy either.

Next step is to take it to a Chevy dealer (it's a 2006 impala, not sure I mentioned that) and see what they have to say. I'm not spending $1500 plus on a rebuilt transmission for a car only worth $6k.

So keep the suggestions coming!

She likes the outback, how roomy is the impreza? Keep in mind I'm a Sasquatch

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
The whole reason this process started was that the transmission shifted really hard when I shifted gears. As it shifted from gear to hear (automatic) the car would shudder. It was bizarre, and we took it to a mechanic.

He suggested we take it to a dealer because something is going on with the transmission. He couldn't say if it was minor or major, but he's not a transmission guy either.

Next step is to take it to a Chevy dealer (it's a 2006 impala, not sure I mentioned that) and see what they have to say. I'm not spending $1500 plus on a rebuilt transmission for a car only worth $6k.

So keep the suggestions coming!

She likes the outback, how roomy is the impreza? Keep in mind I'm a Sasquatch

honestly i cannot comment on the cost of fixiing boxes overseas - but your idea is making perfectly sense wrt the amount of money you might need to spend. Outback is awesome (it's my daily drive) and the New Impreza are spacious, but best would be to go to a dealer and see for yourself.

take one for a drive as well, usually that closes the deal for a Subaru dealer!! so you are warned as well.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
honestly i cannot comment on the cost of fixiing boxes overseas - but your idea is making perfectly sense wrt the amount of money you might need to spend. Outback is awesome (it's my daily drive) and the New Impreza are spacious, but best would be to go to a dealer and see for yourself.

take one for a drive as well, usually that closes the deal for a Subaru dealer!! so you are warned as well.

Dealers will do pretty much anything to get someone to take a test drive...literally their sales percentages go through the roof if they can get the customer in a car. That's any make/model.

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
Dealers will do pretty much anything to get someone to take a test drive...literally their sales percentages go through the roof if they can get the customer in a car. That's any make/model.

can't arque that one.....but there is something different about a Subaru, the way it drives, handles, performance - all just gel together nicely.

almost like you take your newly purchased driver to the course for the first time, hit that sweeeet spot and it travels miles.....somthing like that feeling......:D

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
You laugh, but some full-size sedans it's just like that or at least it feels like that.
Given all the parameters you've gotta meet, mainly Squatch space and hair control, I suggest you get either a Suburban/Yukon XL or a full sized Hummer, each with leather interior and no carpet.

VA Park Ranger

Supporting Member
Feb 8, 2014
Green Bay Virginia
Country
FWIW, I have a Chrysler 300, not the C, but the high output 3.5. Pushing 150k and it has been in the shop once. Tons of room in it too, even in the back seat.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.