• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cart Bag needed...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I need a cart bag, not overly picky about colour (basically anything but red). Must be in very good to mint shape.

Let me know what you have or what you can get. I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
A couple of years ago my girls decided to get me a new golf bag. Normally they ask for a little advice since they know nothing about golf but this time they decided to surprise me.

They got me a cheapy Wilson bag from Walmart. Embarassing to admit, but I was a little disapointed and it certainly wasn't what I would have picked. The thing is, after using for awhile I realized it did everything a cart bag should do. It doesn't have to be light and it doesn't have to have every bell and whistle. It has to hold my clubs and a few other goodies on the back of a cart.

Also, it's solid black which I like. Anyway, I think it was about $50.00 and still looks new. If you're a brand ho like me this may not be an option for you but otherwise you might give them a look.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Ya, i'd order one from RB, but 99 bucks for shipping from Rock Bottom? And then I have to pay duty, taxes and brokerage fees? No thanks.

Read their international shipping charges. "Anything over the size of a full set of clubs (like a bag or golf cart) is required to have a 99.99USD dollar shipping charge, per item". Outstanding...

Friggin UPS bastards....free trade my ass...

R35

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
That sucks, those bags at Rock Bottom look like a sweet deal.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I went with the Ogio Amp from Golfsmith.

Get this. Rockbottom $60 + $99 shipping, duty and brokerage = lots of $.

Golfsmith, same bag, plus 15 grips and hat, 160 bucks including shipping, no taxes or duty.

Go figure.

Anyways, I went with all black just to honour Dave. ;)

Thanks both of you guys tho, F and D, for the heads up and links.

R35

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
rock have you heard of a company called master grip.
www.mastergrip.com they have ok lookin cart bags may get one my self.($60)
it says in there catalog that they ship to canada. about $12 american to ship to you up there dont know about taxes and brokerage.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
They don't look too bad.

I already went with the Ogio. They have them here, so I can see them first hand. The sickest part of it all was that the Ogio Amp at the local Nevada Bob's was 380CDN. The one I got from golfmsith was 109USD, a crazy savings.

We get raped by the middle man here in Canada. Most of what is bought and sold is run through an importer. We hardly get anything factory direct, and it sucks.

At any time of the year, I can buy regularily priced Cleveland irons from the States, ship them, pay duty and taxes and the price is still less than what i would pay for a set on sale here in Canada. Then, I still need to add 15% to that for local taxes.....

Total hoop job. Canada has it's perks, but we're getting anally probed with a chainsaw most of the time.

R35

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Hope your Ogio has that Woode system. It's awesome. All clubs visible at all times. Everything in its place....

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I picked up a new bag on tuesday.

"the system" by Acuity....shabby old bag on the right....you know, the one IG gets if he leaves his at home. :)

P1010005.JPG

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Yes, the Amp comes with the Woode system. The only problem lies in the fact that I carry 4 woods, 8 irons, 3 wedges and a putter. Yep, 16 clubs in my bag in non-competitive rounds.

So what do I leave out?

I could drop the 51* wedge, but I like it alot. I carry a 56* and a 60*, both of which I won't part with. I'd give up my 7 iron before I'd give up one of those wedges. I love the 7 wood as it replaces my 3 iron so easily. I have a Mizuno hybrid on the way to give a go, so that might replace the 3 iron as well.

Maybe the 51* and the 5 wood. I dunno, this totally sucks. Maybe I can bungee cord some clubs to the side of the bag.

You can putt with a wedge legally, right? :(

R35

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Slingblade61 said:
I picked up a new bag on tuesday.

"the system" by Acuity....shabby old bag on the right....you know, the one IG gets if he leaves his at home. :)

P1010005.JPG

Ima bringing my own tools after seeing what's going on in that picture. Is that a hole cutter yiou have thrown in there. Jeez, the holes would be 8" wide, eh? So that's your secret plan in beating me... ;)

I think because Yale beckons, I will make the effort and haul over my own sticks. What's the weather like over there right now Sling? Do I need my sun-block or snow-shoes?

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
That is my Ice auger...for ice fishing. :)

Weather is getting better, the snow is melting away. Plan on chilly temps but very workable. The clocks move ahead on the 3rd as well so we should be able to get 18 in no problem.

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
jeese sling i seen that black bag in he back thought youd snuck in and grabbed mine.even the TM driver has the same headcover.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
goatster said:
jeese sling i seen that black bag in he back thought youd snuck in and grabbed mine.even the TM driver has the same headcover.

You haven't been out to the garage in a while, have you......yoink! ;)

R35

🔥 Latest posts