• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

cart bag or stand bag?

J.J.

May 13, 2007
looking to get a new bag sometime in the near future and trying to decide what to get.. i have a nike stand bag as well as a ping hoofer stand bag.. i figure if i sell both of those it will be enough to buy whichever bag i decide on..

i have my eyes on a ogio atlas cart bag and an ogio grom stand bag.. i almost always get a cart when i go but theres the occasional time where i'll walk.. the double strap is nice but even then sometimes i find myself using only one strap..

i like hte woode system on the ogio stand bags but the full 14 deviders for the cart bag is nice too.. arent the ogio cart bags alot more solid?

i cant decide.. i prefer the looks of the grom stand bag.. but the atlas is a real nice unit too IMO.. help me decide

cabinessence

Never Say Die
Jul 28, 2005
If you're going to have only one bag, it shouldn't be a cart bag -- that only takes away options.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Agree with Cabinessence. It's easier to carry a stand bag on a cart, than to carry a cart bag on your shoulder.

OP
J

J.J.

May 13, 2007
i see what yall are sayin.. maybe i'll keep my nike bag, sell the ping and put that towards a nice cart bag..

Sandy

Aug 29, 2006
Kill two birds with one stone and get the Sun Mountain MPB - works like a normal stand bag, has the storage space of a cart bag, and the legs and straps can be covered over so it can also work like a regular cart bag. Also had a 14 way divider top and a putter well.

One of those is next on my shopping list!

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Kill two birds with one stone and get the Sun Mountain MPB - works like a normal stand bag, has the storage space of a cart bag, and the legs and straps can be covered over so it can also work like a regular cart bag. Also had a 14 way divider top and a putter well.

One of those is next on my shopping list!
One thing to consider. Not sure what you do the most, walk or ride, but the straps on a cart will cross over the pockets. Meaning you will need to unstrap it to get into the pockets. Probably not a big issue unless you are really lazy like I am. :)

For the OP, if you are only going to have one and ever have any intent of ever Walking or even Traveling on a plane with your clubs the Stand bag is the way to go. If you keep one, there is no substitute for a cart bag if you primarily ride. Personal preference, I will never likely buy anything but OGIO and Sun Mountain from this point on. I have owned both models for each type of bag, and actually to go a step further it will likely be OGIO for Stand bags and Sun Mountain for cart bags. I love the old model C-130 I have which will even haul the kitchen sink, but have heard from some there is a problem with grips getting caught up in the separators. Not sure the reason as I have Midsized grips and have never had this problem. The 2006 model that I have can be found relatively cheap.

🔥 Latest posts