• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

CBS-MMA What did you think?

Will

May 11, 2007
Long time MMA fan here. The fights on CBS were a joke and as others have said, not real MMA. Slice is a joke and would be gone within 2 minutes if he was in with a decent HW. Thompson isnt even an average fighter, much less a good MMA fighter and he still gave Kimbo more than he could handle. If Kimbo wasnt Elites golden boy, the fight would have been stopped in the second a few elbows into the final 2 minutes of elbows that ended that round.

Also, I dont really see how this is any more graphic or distasteful than say CSI or 85% of other television programs. The whole first amendment thing is a b*tch at times, and Im sure youve heard it before, but Ill say it again, you dont like it, change the channel.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Here is a great video of Fedor Emelianenko fighting Hong Man Choi. Keep in mind Fedor is is 6'1 and 235lbs yet is dwarfed by the 7'2 380lb Choi. Fedor shows what skill and patience can do. Fedor imo is the best MMArtist in the world. He has 1 loss in his career, in over 50 fights.

YouTube - Fedor Emelianenko vs Hong Man Choi

heres a couple more that show what a great submission man can do. Fedor rocks.

YouTube - Pride fight. Emelianenko vs. Randleman

YouTube - Fedor emelianenko new video(4.3.2008)

YouTube - Fedor Emelianenko Highlights

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
If you watch MMA with real talent it's very fun to watch. the things some of those guys can do just amaze me.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I find this stuff midly entertaining for about 15 seconds.

I don't mind watching boxing. I think boxing is a lot more strategy. Too often it looks like the MMA stuff just gets into what appears to be a slapfight.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I find this stuff midly entertaining for about 15 seconds.

I don't mind watching boxing. I think boxing is a lot more strategy. Too often it looks like the MMA stuff just gets into what appears to be a slapfight.
Boxing? And then call MMA a "slap fight"?

It takes 1000X more skill to fight MMA than boxing...and if anything is a "slap fight" boxing would be the poster child.

I dont make a point to follow MMA but i will watch it when it is on and i have time to watch it. I like watching the technique more than the fighting itself, lots of talent and power in some of those guys.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Maybe so, EClark. Boxing is more fun to watch to me because I can see what's happening. It's hard to detect the intricacies of a submission only where the threshold between comfort and pain might be a 10* turn of a shoulder joint or something.

I think the standing, striking nature of boxing is more sophisticated I guess. Knock a guy down you deserve the honor of standing over him. Ground fights are just senseless and dishonorable to me.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Ground fighting is the toughest part and requires the most skill imo. To become a great fighter on the ground, especially defensively is a true art form.

clemsonhacker

uncle sam's slave
Aug 15, 2006
yea i enjoy watching from time to time. Kimbo does not belong in MMA. but i do like watching his youtube street fights

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
A guy that can do more damage on his back when he's in guard is truely amazing.

🔥 Latest posts