• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Celtics Fans?

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Any Celtics fans here? They are playing lights out at home. 2-0 on the Cavs now and shutting Lebron down, bigtime. I have a feeling it's going to be similar to when they played the Hawks though when James get's on his homecourt. If they take one in Cleveland it's over.

It's great after all these years of not only poor teams but just guys I didn't care for, for them to put this team together. Garnett has always been one of my favorite players in the league. Ray Allen just has the textbook perfect jumper. Now it's not only a successful team but a roster of guys I really like.

Go Celtics!!

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Yes Sir!

Celts, Sox, Pats, Bruins fan. :D

Hopefully they will take at least one in Cleveland and end this series at home a little earlier than the Hawks. I believe the Hawks series was a little bit of a wakeup call for the Celts, so hoefully they will go into Cleveland with a better tempo and attitude.

Regardless of how they play in Cleveland, thoough, if they can will all of their home games at the Garden through out the playoffs they will be hanging banner #17 in the fall. :)

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Cleveland really has no chance so long as Ben Wallace is out. I'm not sure whether or not they will have him back but to take 4 they would have to have him IMO. It would be a whole different game with Wallace guarding Garnett. If he got Kevin out of the post the Celtics would be hurting offensive rebounds. Last night they killed the Cavs on the boards. I really can't remember the last time I'd seen a team get so many offensive rebounds.

Rondo has impressed me the most. That guy is playing like a seasoned veteran. He knows when to push the tempo, get in there and draw fouls on the big guys. Now these guys have to play tenative on Garnett since they blew 2 fouls on Rondo driving to the bucket. He's a hustler for sure.

TheWOAT

Sep 26, 2006
As good as Lebron is, I dont remember Jordan stinking it up two games in a row in the Playoffs. I remember some clown on ESPN saying the Celts had one of the greatest defensive seasons in NBA history, its showing.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Celtics are doing so good because they've got a couple of former Bucks on their team this year.... And the Bucks suck because they don't have them anymore.... :(

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Celtics are doing so good because they've got a couple of former Bucks on their team this year.... And the Bucks suck because they don't have them anymore.... :(
The Bucks suck because they don't have Lew Alcindor, Oscar Robertson, Bob Dandridge, and John McGlocklin (the best pure jumpshot EVER.) The Bucks haven't done squat since the early 70's. Ray Allen was a breath of fresh air, and shouldn't have let him go, but his leaving is not their big problem. then again, I don't really care. The NBA is of no interest to me since the refs and the thugs have taken over.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Rondo has impressed me the most. That guy is playing like a seasoned veteran. He knows when to push the tempo, get in there and draw fouls on the big guys. Now these guys have to play tenative on Garnett since they blew 2 fouls on Rondo driving to the bucket. He's a hustler for sure.

Agreed. Last year it was hard for Rondo to show his talent as he did not have the teamates he has this year. It was kind of like the Hawks, too young all the way around for any sort of consistancy to take hold last year. This year is a different story. A lot of folks predicted a great year for Rondo in the pre-season and it looks like they were right. Of course, passing the ball to Garnett, Pierce, and Allen on a regular basis doesn't hurt either. :D

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
I cant stand Kobe and the Lakers and I live in So Cal. I used to live in San Antonio so i was pullling for them but they are too old and slow. But Kobe is a punk who only cares for himself and I want to see the Celtics kick some ass and Garnett deserves a ring.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
I cant stand Kobe....Kobe is a punk who only cares for himself.... Garnett deserves a ring.

I could not agree with this anymore. Celtics were the best team in the NBA this season and I'm a huge Garnett fan as he has been the best player in the NBA for the last decade, but as a lifelong Lakers fan I cannot root for him this year. Maybe next year I can show my support for him. But if Bynum returns and they keep the same team the Lakers will be hard to beat next year.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I still can't believe the sports analysts, mostly Stephen A. Smith, still down on the Celtics. He's talking like the Lakers will take this like a cakewalk. Umm, sorry, Cleveland was a tougher challenge IMO. Quite frankly I'd be shocked if the Celtics don't take the 1st 2 games. My prediction is it doesn't even get back to Boston, Celtics in 5. I don't see them shutting down Koby, I see them shutting down everyone but Koby. Celtics should kill them on the boards. Get Allen, Pierce, Posey and House hot from the outside and they will shoot LA to pieces. Smith is talking about LA's transition game... um, you need to get a rebound to start a transition game. We'll see but I definitley don't see LA as a favorite. Like I said, I think Cleveland was a harder team to beat with Lebron and Wallace.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Stephen A. Smith is a freaking joke... worthless POS..

Lol. I just can't see what the guy has against the Celtics? He was talking like Detroit had it in the bag when they tied the series 2-2... so much so I went online to make sure I'd not missed something... I was like "WTF, it's 2-2, not 3-2, where is this guy coming from.".

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.