• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

CG 15

nixdad

Mar 4, 2008
I've done a couple of searches on this forum, but can't find anything on the Cleveland CG15. Anyone have any thoughts or reviews for this club? It's on my Christmas list.

OP
nixdad

nixdad

Mar 4, 2008
So let me guess. This is an anti-Cleveland golf site?

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Not anti-Cleveland, I know for a while there several of us were bagging HiBore XL drivers. But now that you mention it, I don't recall anyone on here that plays Cleveland wedges.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I'm anti-Clevelend drivers, but their irons (blades specifically) and wedges are nice. But alas, no CG15s in my bag.

kasch

Apr 23, 2009
I used to play a full set of clevelands.. CG1 blades, launcher driver/3W, CG10 wedges and a "designed by" putter. Top quality stuff, but i just moved on really.

I've had a look at the CG15's and was actually considering them for my next wedges.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I guess the problem is the CG15s are a very new product and most people have not had the chance to hit them yet. I was a Cleveland Wedge lover until I had the CG12s in my hands which where the suckiest product I have ever tried (I could put more spin on a baseball bat). I haven't tried the CG15s either, and I ain't that keen on doing so due to my new love for Nakashima wedges....

WelshGolfer

aka Grand-Master-Duff
Jun 7, 2005
I've done a couple of searches on this forum, but can't find anything on the Cleveland CG15. Anyone have any thoughts or reviews for this club? It's on my Christmas list.

I have looked at the CG line of wedges but have not felt the need the change up from my 900s. My 54deg and 58deg Clevelands fit well with my TP-9s as the Mizzies have "old" lofts. ie 50deg PW
They feel very simular to the Mizzies too and have plenty of grip (despite not having the ZIP grooves).

You can get 900s for cheap off the bay and might be surprised at how good they feel. Obviously these things are very subjective, but they work for me.

I have also stuck with my Launcher driver for a long while too. Never got anything that could keep it out of the bag (not that I have been looking too hard). Not much of a Ho'.

🔥 Latest posts