• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

CG12 wedges - anyone?

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Very keen to get some CG12 wedges, I saw one at a local shop here and they look so sweeettt! Everything looks so clean, lovely loking head, grinds, etc. The grooves look insane on the chrome version I was looking at, (mirror effect on a satin face)

However I have scarred the planet (ie eBay) and cannot find any 1 dot versions. Only 2 dots around. Not sure why these are in short supply.

I need a low bounce in 54 and possibly 60, both in Black Pearl. Looks like GG have some in stock.

Anyone tried them yet? Any reviews? Ta.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I have a 56 / 14 and I love it .... but.... There are reviews afoot that are not so kind. The low down is that they don't spin the ball worth a shit and since I can't spin the ball anyway I never noticed.

I love it because I hit it great, it goes waaay high (and a lot farther than my previous 56 I might add) and though it won't spin it does stop real quick and that's good enough for me.

GG has them (or can get them I should say) in all manner of bounce.

I have a 60/4 that was shipped here by mistake and will be making it's way to Kentucky tomorrow.

Lovely looking bit of hardware.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Cheers Sling, care to point me to any of those nasty reviews?

Backspin is over-rated and these spinning machines chew balls. I just want something that will stop and looks nice to boot. I had a CG10, the CG11s looked a bit clunky (game improvement) but these CG12s look like the real deal, especially in the black pearl.

Drool

I'm looking for a 1 dot in 54 and 60

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Thanks for this, made my mind up to pass on these CG12s at least until I get to demo one.

What was the big deal with the zip groove spin marketing then, eh?

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
If you don't need low bounce, the Cally wedge is the best I have ever played, and I have played a ton ;)

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Vt. links golf = low bounce
certainly no more than 10 degrees
I wouldn't mind trying the Cally tho.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
IG be careful if your considering buying Cleveland wedges off Ebay loads of fake Cleveland wedges and HiBore's for some reason. ;)

🔥 Latest posts