• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Changing the loft of a driver?

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Okay, the last couple of rounds I've played I've tweaked my swing off the tee and have had some success straightening out my drives. However, they are now not going high enough and this is costing me distance. Do those adapters available at myOstrich Golf actually work?

I'd like to increase the loft on my Ft-i and HiBore XL, both are 9.5º.

They look plastic, has anyone had any problems with them breaking? After my latest 3 wood shaft breakage I'm kind of leery of plastic shims.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Okay, the last couple of rounds I've played I've tweaked my swing off the tee and have had some success straightening out my drives. However, they are now not going high enough and this is costing me distance. Do those adapters available at myOstrich Golf actually work?

I'd like to increase the loft on my Ft-i and HiBore XL, both are 9.5º.

They look plastic, has anyone had any problems with them breaking? After my latest 3 wood shaft breakage I'm kind of leery of plastic shims.

They work just fine.

You won't break that adaptor. They're made out of the same plastic that holds the space shuttle together. Well, that's a lie, but it's hard as shit. Try and cut one off sometime. Enjoy the swearing.

I agree tho, teeing the ball 1/3" higher will get you more launch angle and longer distance.

R35

buykrux

May 15, 2009
i wouldnt waste your time with those adapters, like stated before, tee it up a bit higher perhaphs, if you dont feel like you are hitting the sweet spot then just play it a bit more off the front foot
a shaft change can also adjust the launch angle but can be costly

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Those adaptors work just fine, I have one in my 13º Burner to deloft it a bit.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
i wouldnt waste your time with those adapters, like stated before, tee it up a bit higher perhaphs, if you dont feel like you are hitting the sweet spot then just play it a bit more off the front foot
a shaft change can also adjust the launch angle but can be costly

I like the shaft thats in it, Ft-i LCG 9.5º, Matrix X Con 6 stiff, I just think a bit more loft will help me distance wise and perhaps a bit more backspin will negate some of the side-spin.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
13* holy cow
i have a hard time putting a 9.5* in my hands

Delofted it to 11.5º & it works great. If folks would get over the stigma of the number on the bottom of a club & just use what works best, there scores would show improvement. Far too many play 8-9-10º drivers when the fact is they should be playing 11-12º drivers to get the most of them.

spartyon8

Cubbie Fever
Feb 23, 2008
I have noticed that I hit the ball far too high as it is. They plug in the fairways with zero rollout. I have finally found "the one" head that seems to work for me and that is the J33P in 8.5* for some reason I get the best results out of it. The HiBore Tour was amazing at 9.5* but they were just infield flies compared to the lower lofted J33P.

🔥 Latest posts