• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chapel Ridge Golf Course, Pittsboro, NC

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Chapel Ridge Golf Course, Pittsboro, North Carolina | North Carolina Golf Courses

Link is due to the fact that I never carry a camera to play golf. This course is just outside Chapel Hill, NC and easy to access from Hwy 64. I've played it twice and found it to be a good, solid test of the overall game. I will play it a few more times this summer

Hitting the fairway in the right location is important as many are sloped. If your ball rolls out or through the fairway, it's frequently in a hazard or simply gone. Bring plenty of balls, and practice your bunker shots. Also, the lengths can be deceiving due to elevation changes, so choose your clubs wisely.

Hole #4 looks like a reachable par 4 for a long driver...good freakin' luck with that!!

Hole #6 is a great par 3 that helps you if you play it to the right due to the elevated cart path, but punishes you if you play left or short. First time I played it I hit the hill on the right and still wound up 15 feet from the pin.

Hole #11 is a fun par 5 that is 100% dependent on your drive. Drive well, you could be going for it in 2. Don't drive well, don't even try.

The course finishes with a long par 5, all up hill. It's a great hole, but you'll really appreciate that cold drink at the 19th after playing it.

The course is about 7100 from the tips and 6500 from the whites if my memory serves me...I didn't keep the scorecard.

All in all, this is a good course that you will want to play more than once. It is well maintained and the people are nice. We play after 2:00 and feel like it's a great deal at $40.

If you're in the area, give it a try.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.