• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Charity tournament goodie bags

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
One of my best friends has a charity tournament scheduled and asked me "What would you like to get in a goody bag?" All I could think of was don't put sleeves of balls in there.

So, ShotTalk/golf enthusiasts... if you could dictate what went into a goody bag (not sure what the real name is, it's the bag everyone gets when they enter) what would you like to see in there? Keep it realistic... i.e. "A Nike Covert" is not gonna happen. BUT, bitchin' bottle openers, towels, hats, shirts, fleshlights... wait, no, not those... I mean, c'mon let's hear what you'd like to see sitting in your cart as you arrive at a charity tournament.

Let me know so we can make a kick ass tournament.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Hand each guy a hooker at the door, and some blow at the turn. Then coupons for the local STD testing facility.

But seriously...what else are you supposed to give golfers? I would give up the goody bag for 2 free drinks of my choice easy. Not everyone drinks though...however, you know everyone golfs. So all that stuff is useful to everyone there.

I love getting divot tools. Especially Logo ones, I kinda collect them.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
Snickers and a Dr. Pepper, Tees, a collared shirt from the course or decent hat. Sunscreen or preparation H. Discount coupons from the proshop so I can get what I want. A bag to put it in that can hold ice and not leak like a cooler.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I wouldn't mind balls if they were decent, like ProV's. I'm not a fan of drink tickets but I know many people are.

WWBDD

Supporting Member
Feb 15, 2013
Country
Canada Canada
Put a sleeve of balls in there.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Gift cards for the pro shop at the course or somewhere like Dick's.
Something with the name of the charity being supported... coffee mug, unique ball marker, etc.
Movie tickets.

No balls! No tees!

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Gift cards for the pro shop at the course or somewhere like Dick's.
Something with the name of the charity being supported... coffee mug, unique ball marker, etc.
Movie tickets.

No balls! No tees!

I don't like gift cards...why not just give me cash? Unless they're being heavily subsidized and they're actually sizable enough to buy something outright(which they never are) I don't want them. It's just a way to drum up money for the pro shop.

I would rather see the money that would have went into the bags, go to the charity. That's the reason I'm there anyway.

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm forwarding these on to the organizer.

The tournament is in September and is hosted in conjunction with Caddies4Cure which has celebrities participating in the events. At their last one, my friend's foundation was introduced by Alfonso Ribeiro and they had dinner with Ken Griffey Jr, Jordan Babineaux, and Sterling Sharpe. I believe Bo Jackson is slated to be at this tournament.

I'll definitely post some pics from the event.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I don't like gift cards...why not just give me cash? Unless they're being heavily subsidized and they're actually sizable enough to buy something outright(which they never are) I don't want them. It's just a way to drum up money for the pro shop.

I would rather see the money that would have went into the bags, go to the charity. That's the reason I'm there anyway.
Schools and charitable organization in our area have been promoting some sort of gift card that gives a percent back to the organization. You buy a $20 gift card from them. It's refillable. Every time you refill it, a certain amount goes back to that group. If the organization putting on the event has something like that available....

Also, any time we buy something from Best Buy, Home Depot, Olive Garden... dozens of retailers, we purchase gift cards from Krogers. We get 4 times the gift card amount in fuel points. I drive a lot. The fuel points accumulate discounts on fuel purchases from Kroger gas kiosks. Do something like that. Then, have the fuel points donated to the charity so their own vehicles can use the fuel discount.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online