• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cheap Cavity Back set, opinions?

ballhog

Jun 10, 2009
I'm thinking about getting one of these two sets of irons soon, not sure which one yet, but they are definitely in my price range, and i've used orlimar cavity backs before, a friend has some, and they hit great.

My question is, what are the disadvantages of getting one of these cheaper sets of clubs for a beginner? Why are they under 150 for all irons and hybrids when others are WAY MORE?

Black Ice Hybrid Irons Graphite/Steel by Orlimar- Golf Hybrid Irons

2008 Tight Lies 4-SW Hybrid Irons Graphite/Steel by Adams Golf- Golf Iron Sets

let me know what you think....

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
United States United States
seems like a good choice.
why are others more expensive ?

"Marketing". nutting more, nutting less. (IMHO) of course.

Shame you weren't here when the "Hogan CFT" ho'ing was going on at callaway preowned! still have some of them unsued in the closet, lol.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Go with the Adams, a name brand with resale value. Besides, the link says they are out of the Orlimar, :laugh:

wrx_junki

May 1, 2009
If your a beginner, the Adams if those are your only options. I would have to suggest Hireko irons which can be custom ordered for $25/club. You could purchase 6,7,8,9, and PW which would come to $125+shipping. These are better irons IMO than the Adams. Also, if you were looking to spend a little more on a set, you could look into Ben Hogans Apex Edge which are $300.

OP
B

ballhog

Jun 10, 2009
yea I saw those hogans, they look nice, i just dont have that money right now and if I did, a buddy of mine can get me a new set of Berthas for just over $300

🔥 Latest posts