• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cheap Driver Head Suggestions.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I am going to throw my vote for the R5 TP head. Granted I havent hit any other TM offerings lately, but havent had to. This is the driver for ME. The thing just bombs the ball...a long way. Its easily the longest driver I have ever had, by alot.

The other thing I like about the head is that I can change the Swingweight to suit me...a big bonus for me...

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
this talk about the Maltby being closed has turned me off. I'd love to see one.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
(My Maltby was definitely NOT closed).... :)

I recommended to my former neighbor ejdahl21 an R5 with a stiff Graf Blue at GG. He bought it and you should see him hit the snot out of his drives.

I recommended to my son-in-law an R5 with a stiff NV 65 and he crushes it.

I had a R5 TP with a Diamana Blueboard X-flex and I hit it good but too stiff for me. I sold it to The bomber instead of reshafting and he crushes that better then he did his R7. (He always was super long)....

You can't go wrong with the R5 :)

WBL is ok, not sure about EZ yet

Wi_Golfer

Hey thanks Greg!!!.... I think.... :)

OP
Youngun5

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
Youngun, go demo a J33R 460 before you buy anything.

i've hit the 460 and thought it was alright, felt slightly dead, but it was paired with an NV, which I hate.

I'm going after the 420cc J33. just not a complete fan of the 460cc head.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
i've hit the 460 and thought it was alright, felt slightly dead, but it was paired with an NV, which I hate.

I'm going after the 420cc J33. just not a complete fan of the 460cc head.

You should try one without the NV before you decide on the 420. I like the 460 much better.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.