• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Checking in......

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Man it seems like I have been gone so long....

I've taken a new job as a headhunter (executive recruiter). The hours in front of a PC are daunting...

Everyone tells me the first six months are pure hell and they are right. Freaking constant rejection....pounding out dozens of emails and voicemails. Trying to get traction is like walking up an icy slope wearing a pair of beach sandals.

I gotta get through this, but its brutal. NO money coming in and all the bills arriving all the time. But once you start to make it, then you are in a really good job. The money can be great and it can be fun and rewarding serving the same clientele for years....

I haven't played golf in three months, the longest period in my adult life. Today it is 65F/19C and sunny and I am inside working my a** off on a PC.

Sorry I am not here much....once I get out of the desert - I'll be back but for now, it's like being in western Afganistan...

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
You will get out what you put in...i just switched jobs into the computer world and the first few months drove me nuts sitting in front of a screen 8-12 hours of the day...but now its to the point where it doesnt even seem lke i am there but 4 hours and its a really great job(i dont have to deal with constant rejection though...)

Hang in there, like you said, the job is great if you have the will power to make it through the first 6

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Hmmm.....there's something familiar about you but I can't seem to place it.

What's your name again? ;)

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Hmmm.....there's something familiar about you but I can't seem to place it.

What's your name again? ;)

Thank you for your unqualified loyalty and friendship.............:laugh:

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
What kind of recruiting? I'm always looking ;)

We recruit Director, VP and C-level exec's for public and private enterprises...

Believe it or not, I have been on the phone with Fletcher Allen Healthcare right there in your neck of the woods. Maybe we will do some work for them and I will have a chance to come up and we can raise a few pints.

We don't do outplacement, which means we don't take resume's from people who are seeking jobs. OUr business model is to work exclusively for the employer, secure an engagement and then go out into the marketplace and find the right person. So my job is to pursue public and private enterprises like a bloodhound....sheeesh it's tough at first....

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I definitely know how the headhunters operate, I actually utilized one of them 6 years ago to get a job. I still get calls & emails on a weekly basis from 3 different individuals. I guess there is a pretty decent demand for qualified extrusion techs? I am courteous to them even though I am not interested in any way shape or form to leave my job, I never know when I may actually require them again.

Good luck, you are going to need it.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Believe it or not, I have been on the phone with Fletcher Allen Healthcare right there in your neck of the woods. Maybe we will do some work for them and I will have a chance to come up and we can raise a few pints.

My son was born at Fletcher Allen. If you make it up this way let me know, there's a ton of great bewpubs around here (even more since you've been here last)

Good luck!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
You've been gone? Gee, I hadn't noticed....

Good luck and hang in there!!

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
2 words......

Shaw Group

Massive construction operation specializing in nuclear power plants all over the globe......they need your services John, even if they don't know it yet.

Paypal me the commission when you make the first sale. ;)

Members online

No members online now.