• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ChicagoLandGolfing.Com

C

Chicagoland Golf

The newest Golfing website on the block would like to hear what you have to say.
Share Articles you have written, or simply register and join in the discussions.
Tell us about yourself or your company today!
ChicagoLandGolfing.Com

igneous

Mar 24, 2005
not bad, I think its a little too busy though. From the wood grain to the kind of marble background, theres too much goin on.

OP
C

Chicagoland Golf

Hmmm...
Maybe we'll do away with one of those layers.
The newest feature (added today) is the ability to play Golf Online.
A fun diversion, with a Prize Chest being assembled.

Thanks for the feedback, it's greatly appreciated!

Mike

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Busy, yup.

Give the forum it's own page. Having the forum all stretched out is a bit awkward.

There are zillions of portal builders that work with PHP. set up a portal (home page) then link to the forum......keep it clean and easy on the eyes.

OP
C

Chicagoland Golf

Ohhh.... we have the Portal as well. (Home Page link).
Got the left column idea from other sites I own and operate (www.heartlandoutdoorsman.com), and folks seem to like it for whatever reasons...LOL.
Once again, I really appreciate the feedback.

Will participate much more here, as well...very nice website you have!

OP
C

Chicagoland Golf

Good point Sling.
My server provider set it up to go to the Forum page, as we intended it to be the main focus of the site when it was set up.
In my experience, regular visitors don't care much what we have on a Home Page and just want to get to the discussions.
To be honest, I'll probably do away with the Portal type Home Page, as it is not my favorite way to present the main page.
Look at my other site's Home Page(http://www.illinoiswaters.net/heartland/home.htm) and you'll see that I set that Home Page up much differently, and will more than likely follow suit.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Regular visitor clearly don't care, example........most of the lazy slugs on this site. :)

BUT! New visitors may. So either delete the hompage and set up like www.golfrewind.com or www.doublegolf.com or change the homepage link to index.php and move it into your public_html folder.

:)

OP
C

Chicagoland Golf

Yep...technically we are set up like golfrewind, and the left column contains about anything you'd want on a Home page anyway.
The entry page set up like doublegolf is one option, but don't we HATE when folks put movies on their entry page? LOL!
We've seen that alot and it's the first rule of website development...DON'T DO FLASH PAGES.
...and this comes from someone that loves to play with every techno toy available.
BUT...the minute sound or flash becomes part of the picture, guys are whining big-time....hehe.

🔥 Latest posts