• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chipping...?

Prolaunchx

Jul 20, 2010
And then all of this is turned bassackwards of course if you try to flop it. But yes, for the simple PW, 9i, 8i, 7i, 6i chip, hands in from of clubhead; hit the ball before the ground; and for Lord's sake, accelerate through the ball so you don't hit it fat.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Two types of chipping techniques are useful----wrist somewhat locked and wrist cocked. Choose one to get started but both are useful as different trajectories and spin can be employed. The wrist cock method is the hardest for me to execute. Some golfers find wrist cock the easiest. As SUX said never let club pass the hands before contact.

I view chipping as the most fun, imaginative stroke. So many club choices and so many techniques available within that club choice.

Even with a flop the club face must not be ahead of the hands. Equal to yes but ahead at contact no.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
"Arm movement" is a poor term. You use your shoulders to chip with no real hand movement, and as said, hands in front of the ball. On pitches, you can use some wrist penis, but still the connected shoulder turn is the main part of the swing.

Kevin

Lurk much Kevin?

That's hilarious. I had to read that a couple times to make sure it said what it says. Thank you for that... made my night.

Grinder

Nov 19, 2009
"Wrist penis." I haven't laughed like that in a forum thread in a long time. I've got to remember that the next time someone asks me about the pitching the ball. Too funny.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.