• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Choose my next wedge please

Please choose my next wedge

• Vokey Spin Milled

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Cleveland CG12

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Salt Vampire

...and loving it.
Aug 14, 2006
Alright, since I have so much fun here, I am going to ask the members to please vote on my next lob wedge. The choices are Vokey spin milled or Cleveland CG12 or Other. I am probably going to go 12 degrees of bounce, but get a little of the heel ground off. Or I might go 8 degrees.

I am a lefty, so please bear in mind that some clubs might not be available. If you vote other, please tell me why.

The lob wedge that is getting replaced is a Cleveland low bounce 58 degree. The grooves are not giving me the "life" I want on the ball. My 52 degree is an old Vokey, so that is the reason for isolating those two brands. They are both rustys and I like that, but it does not have to be a rusty.

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006
You need an 89* wedge to go along with your 73*.

Seriously though I like the Vokey SM.

OP
The Salt Vampire

The Salt Vampire

...and loving it.
Aug 14, 2006
You need an 89* wedge to go along with your 73*.

I love that 73* now. The adjustment period was tough and I was mixed on it for a few weeks.

It seems like we have figured each other out. My last round I had four crazy up and downs from nowhere. Short sided, apparently no chance.

It is a specialty club, but I hit it into a lot of specialty spots.

I do prefer to chip and pitch with the 58* though. More trust, less variance on a simple shot.

OP
The Salt Vampire

The Salt Vampire

...and loving it.
Aug 14, 2006
Winner, winner, chicken dinner! Everyone loves the Vokey. Just have to find one for the right price.

Took my current 58* to the club repair guy today. I have been pushing it and hitting it shortish. Thought it might need to get bent a degree upright.

He said that it had gotten bent 2* flat and had 2* of loft added. Returned it to its original specs. Apparently these RTG wedges need to be checked every 50 rounds or so if you tend to take divots. I am sure that many on this board new that, but I did not.

Hit it nicely on the range after. It will be replaced though when I find the Vokey for less than list.

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006
I have had both Volkeys and Clevelands wedges and I like the Clevelands. Spin the same and the Titleist feels harder I like the soft feel of the CG10 I have.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Other: Srixon WG 504. Try it once and you will not go back to any other wedge.

SrixonWG504582.JPG

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Other: Srixon WG 504. Try it once and you will not go back to any other wedge.

SrixonWG504582.JPG

You might as well just quit, Tim. As many times as you and I have been trying to spread the word about these wedges, I haven't heard a single person come on the board and say "Thanks for the heads up guys! I took a chance on that Srixon and you guys were right. This wedge is the bomb!"

Nobody wants to hear that their precious Vokeys and Clevelands (which you and I have both tried) just don't stand up to the Srixon.

So just quit. You're preaching to a deaf choir.

Sandy

Aug 29, 2006
Sorry to say this, but I *did* get a 54* Srixon wedge to try out, and really couldn't get on with it - I much preferred the feel of the Vokeys, and even the TM RAC that I'm currently carrying in my bag. Felt much better than the Clevelands to me though, but that's not saying much as I really don't get on well with their wedges at all.

Sorry! :(

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Sorry to say this, but I *did* get a 54* Srixon wedge to try out, and really couldn't get on with it - I much preferred the feel of the Vokeys, and even the TM RAC that I'm currently carrying in my bag. Felt much better than the Clevelands to me though, but that's not saying much as I really don't get on well with their wedges at all.

Sorry! :(

Don't be sorry. You like the Vokey better. Not a thing wrong with that. There's a huge difference between the two. I personally can't play a high swingweight wedge. You, WBL, Ezra, and the other Vokey-lovers can. You like the RAC. I couldn't stand it. Same old story, Sandy. There are dozens of different styles of club, and an infinite range of talent. Srixon wedges have not gotten much press. Except by Tim.:laugh:

I truly believe that if some of the better players on the board would grab one of these and give it a try, they might find a new gamer.

My post to Tim was mostly in jest. He keeps putting up pics of the wedge and singing it's praises. I've mentioned how much I like it. You are the first person I've seen make any comment about it - that's all I was saying.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.