• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chris Wood & the PGA

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006
First post all summer!!!! I have been busy as hell with work, weddings, bachelor parties lady friend ext.... I only have about 5 rounds in all summer.

Anyway, I was lucky enough to get off work and go watch the practice round up at Hazeltine. We got there and worked our way backwards down 18 saw Stewart Appleby hit off the tee and he pulled his drive left and came close to hitting my friend. We kept going backwards and stopped at 16 and watched Wier, Chad Campbell and DL3 and Cory Pavin groups play. That hole doesn't look that hard when you are on the green but from the tee it looks like one bear cat of a hole. It seemed most guys wanted to leave the driver in the bag and hit 3W but the short hitters were just clearing the water by only a few yards. We worked our way back down 15 and found a pretty good spot to watch a few holes. You can watch the 11 green, 12 and 15 tees, 14 green and 13 tee is not too far down.

When we got to the 13 tee the 248 yard par 3 we watched Justin Rose and Chris Wood's group tee off. 13 will be a tough hole and it was playing into the wind, most guys were using woods/hybirds. Wood was first up on the tee and just smoked a fairway wood right at the pin it was hard to tell but it looked like he had a fairly easy birdie put. Everyone else in that group missed the green. Then they moved up to the blue tees and Wood hit a long iron and hit another great shot. I was able to watch him again on 14 and 15 and it was the same thing almost perfect ball striking. I saw a lot of great players today Vjay, Phil, Harrington ext.. and Chris Wood impressed me the most. I know he has played well at the open the last 2 years, and I would like to see him do well over here. He is a tall lanky kid with a smooth swing and seems to be one hell of a ball striker. His tee shot on 15 was damn near perfect and long.

Overall I wasn't too impressed with Hazeltine. Its long but IMO besides 16 there isn't that many great looking or cool holes. I guess I was expecting it to be a lot nicer.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.