• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

CHRISTMAS CUP!!! C'MON!!!

Scotty01292

Mmmmmmmm..... Cake.......
Oct 16, 2005
First competition since the prizegiving and i'm on the prizelist already. The conditions were awful... Really windy... About a four club wind (playing 4 clubs more/less than usual) and it was pissing down... I mean really wet... When we got to the 12th green, it was so windy that the flag was bent over, almost touching the green, and you could hardly see down the 13th fairway because of the rain. At some holes it was impossible to walk...

To cut a long story short, I was 87, nett 73 to win by 2 shots. Played 4 over handicap, but thought the winning score was going to be about nett 75.

Very eventful round as well... Playing partner didn't play well but carded a nett 75 to come second. On the 10th tee, a medium length par 3, downhill, I played 5 iron, into the wind. My grip was sooooooooooooooo wet, that in my followthrough, the club slipped right out of my hands and landed in a gorse bush about 50 yards in front of the tee... Was hilarious...

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Sounds like an "endurance contest"!! Not for me. I was warm and toasty watching tv with my Boddingtons Pub Ale. Yummy. :D

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Just playing in those "epic" conditions makes for some great fun. Winning an event in conditions like that makes for some great stories, congrats!

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Sounds interesting, should have gotten some vids of it.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
My grip was sooooooooooooooo wet, that in my followthrough, the club slipped right out of my hands and landed in a gorse bush about 50 yards in front of the tee... Was hilarious...

Nice one Scotty. Maybe you should get a Footjoy rain grip with your prize money. They are sh*t hot mate. I used to hate playing in the wet until I bought one of these a few years back and living in Manchester I play in a lot of rain. They even recommed that if you use the glove on a dry day that you should dampen it a little first. Keep up the good work mate 1st win of many for the new season for you hopefully. :D

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Good job Scotty, hopefully I'll get out tommorow with my uncle and his friend for our annual game of freezing cold drunken golf but looking at the weather its doubtful.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.