• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cinnamon Hill, Half Moon-Montego Bay

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
I'll start with Cinnamon Hill. Play this course in August 07 and January 08. Both times the course was in great condition. This really is a fun and challenging course. There are two holes right on the ocean. A par four with the green literally 5 yards off the water, if you take too much club you're wet. The next hole is a par 3 which is a half moon shape cut out of earth where you play your tee shot over the ocean. On the course is Johnny Cash's house where you can stop and take pictures outside. There is also a waterfall from a James Bond movie which I can't remember the name. Its the back drop on a really nice par 3. Worth the $150 or $99 twilight.

Half Moon-This course was in better condition than Cinnamon Hill which is really hard to say. It was also more expensive and also a lot more plain. It seemed as if every hole was just about the same. A few good views of the ocean from about a mile away. I don't really have anything great to say about it except the condition was awesome. Not worth $175.

I also played the super clubs(Sandals) course with my wife. It was $65 and you got what you paid for. Fairways were dry some overgrown. Greens pretty hard and changed from hole to hole. On the other hand I was in Jamaica with a ton of Red Stripe and 80+ degree weather.

The one thing about courses in Jamaica I didn't like was that I had to have a caddie. I understand they want to make money but at both top notch courses the caddies were pretty useless. All they did was show the line for the putt. They were on but it's not like the greens were straight from the PGA Tour.

Fairway_CY

Mar 25, 2008
I absolutely loved this course. Played it in April of 2004 when I was married in Montego Bay. It was nice because my wife got to come out on the couse with me. She just drove the cart, but... man it was beautiful out there.

The caddie I had was a blast. Funny guy who cracked jokes the whole time. I ended up playing as a single. It was about 95 degrees that day and we got through the course in just over 90 minutes.

I agree that, other than the jokes... the caddie was pretty worthless. But, it was a beautiful course. My favorite hole was the par 4 with the green on the water. Coming down that fairway was one of the prettier sights I've seen on a golf course. I also enjoyed the par 3 that followed that.

The waterfall hole seemed pretty plain during my round. It was a dry time, so the water flow wasn't as strong as it could have been I suppose.

I also liked the Cinnamon Hill hole... I believe it was #15 where you tee off from WAY up high. You get a view of everything. We've got some great shots from there.

Your post makes me want to head back there. I agree that the fees are completely worth it at this course. I have heard similar stories on Half Moon... but, the day I was supposed to play there, I was too hung over from the night before... so we cancelled the reservation.

Thanks for the post. Good memories!

CY

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.