• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

CLACK!

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
I hit my second shot into the green side bunker today on the 10th hole. The ball buried about 8" from the lip. Maybe 20% of the ball showing. I closed the face on my 58* Vokey and swung down as hard as I could.

CLACK! The ball got just out of the bunker, but I dug so deep I found a rock about 3" in diameter. Dented and gouged the hell out the toe of club.

Made me very unhappy.

It was a weird day all around. Shot 38-42 from the black tees at my course. Haven't played from back there in a while. Hit my driver pretty well, hit my irons pretty poorly. Birdied the first. Holed out from 60 yards for birdie on the fourth after chunking my second. Chipped great and I had to because I couldn't hit any greens. Had 29 putts which has to be my lowest total in years.

Kevin

rickblackmon

Aug 25, 2009
I hit my second shot into the green side bunker today on the 10th hole. The ball buried about 8" from the lip. Maybe 20% of the ball showing. I closed the face on my 58* Vokey and swung down as hard as I could.

CLACK! The ball got just out of the bunker, but I dug so deep I found a rock about 3" in diameter. Dented and gouged the hell out the toe of club.

Made me very unhappy.

It was a weird day all around. Shot 38-42 from the black tees at my course. Haven't played from back there in a while. Hit my driver pretty well, hit my irons pretty poorly. Birdied the first. Holed out from 60 yards for birdie on the fourth after chunking my second. Chipped great and I had to because I couldn't hit any greens. Had 29 putts which has to be my lowest total in years.

Kevin

I am a lefty that plays right, my son is a lefty that plays left. It has always been Colin's dream to beat me in golf. When we lived in Louisiana, we lived on the 6th fairway of our club. We were playing one day and came to the last hole even up. My shot landed in the trap and Colin put his on the green. This was going to be the day!! I holed out from the trap for a 2. It shook Colin so badly he 3 putted! Now he will never beat me because I hurt my back and had surgery and golf is a no-no.

My best round ever was a 74. I had 2 eagles that day, 1 legitimate and holed out the other from the fairway. I double bogied the last 2 holes! In addition to that, I found a Ping putter in the rough. It had a broken shaft so I would guess someone else wasn't having my type round.

Rick

:killersmiley::diespam: NO LINKS!

🔥 Latest posts